2009 Cowboys

CoCo

Reaction score
Stumbled onto this exercise while listening to local Broncos sportstalk yesterday and thought it would be fun from a Cowboys perspective.

Here's the drill. If you could prioritize the 2009 Cowboy roster from amongst the current roster how would you rank the players from most important to least important. 2009 is of greatest importance but you can also consider their future with the club. Think about the draft picks we have or don't (no 1st rounder) in this exercise too.

Pretend that the higher you rank a player, the more likely they are to remain healthy for that season.

Try to think how the effectiveness of highly ranked players is affected by supporting cast and where those players are ranked.

You should also consider the rankings of a players backup when you rank the starter. If there is little depth, rank the starter higher.

We'll start on the offensive side of the ball and do the D if this concept interests folks. I'm including Folk on offense. I'm doing all players but you can stop at top 10, 20 or whatever if you like. I do think its interesting to rank them all however.

1.Romo
2.Witten
3.Flozell
4.Barber
5.Bigg
6.Gurode
7.Felix
8.TO
9.Roy W
10.Folk
11.Columbo
12.Bennett
13.Kosier
14.Free
15.Choice
16.Crayton
17.Austin
18.Deion
19.Holland
20.Bollinger
21.Proctor
22.McQuistan
23. Stanback
24.Curtis
25.Johnson
26.Hurd

jmause3

Reaction score
Romo
Ware
Witten
L. Davis
Barber
Owens (opens up too many things for other players)
Kosier
Gurode
Newman
Ratliff
Felix

Just a quick list off the top of the head

The Panch

Reaction score
The O
1. Romo
2. Witten
3. Barber
4. Williams
5. Owen...I think his product will slow down a little next season. It's already showed some this year.
6. Jones
7. Davis
8. Gurode
9. Austin
10. Adams

The D
1. Ware
2. Newman
3. Ratliff

Could care less about the rest of the D(just being honest) and havent seen enough from the rookie CBs or the The Pacman(if he's still here) to judge whether or not they'll be play makers not season.