2009 COWBOYSZONE Awards! *Complete Winners List | Post 421*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldorado

Reaction score
Alright, I'm very new here, and you might have had them in the past-- but so far, this is the first board where I've never seen "Board awards". Basically, you get to show your fame, and get some nice pats on the backs (or kicks in the nuts) from the other fellas that you put up with day in and day out. If I have enough people follow this, maybe get a mod to sticky this for me, we can get 'er running.

Basically, here are the rules:

I will soon post an awards list, get a general idea (*in your head, DON'T POST IT YET) of 3 people from the board whom you wish to nominate. The 3 "Zoners" with the most nominations (after 3 full days) will then enter a 3-day voting period, where a winner will be announced. Winners can flex their internet muscles, and grow their virtua-peens, by sticking the award in their signature until next June, where we'll do it over again.

The Rules are as follows:
1. You can't nominate yourself...duh.
2. You may nominate up to 3 people in each category.
3. Each voting and nomination thread lasts 3 days.
4. There is no rule 4.
5. Remember to keep it as drama free as possible. If you have a beef, PM me.

Now, the awards!

The Tony Romo Award for Best Use of Smileys
The Eagles Suck Award for Best Non-Cowboys fan Poster
The Orlando Scandrick Award for Best Rookie Poster (must have a join date of later than June 15, 2008)

The Wade Phillips Award for Nicest Poster
The Tashard Choice Award for Most Underrated Poster
The Sacamano Award for Worst Poster

The Bill Parcells Award for the Most Emotional Poster
The Tom Landry Award for the Most Knowledgeable Poster
The Martellus Bennett Award for Funniest Poster

The Emmitt Smith Award for Dedication to the Team
The CBZ Signature Award for Best Signature
The CBZ Avatar Award for Best Avatar

The "New Car" Trophy for Best Poster-Playoffs

The 2007 Cowboys Trophy for Best Poster - Regular Season

The Super Bowl Trophy for the Best Poster - Overall (Combo of Season, Playoffs, Off-season, Off-topic, Media, etc.)

If you think this is a good idea and we should give it a go, I'd like to see at least 50 replies in the thread, just to say "yeah, I'm in". I'll leave this thread open until around saturday, doing my best to bump it up. If we're good to go, nominations will begin monday.

If there's any mod that would like to help me out and sticky this, it would be awesome.

-Eldorado

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Hell yeah. I'm in...but I'd like to propose an addendum.

We need equal opportunity for "The Worst Poster...". Although Sacamano may take them all home.

This has some serious potential. :D

Eldorado

Reaction score
tomson75;2811685 said:
Hell yeah. I'm in...but I'd like to propose an addendum.

We need equal opportunity for "The Worst Poster...". Although Sacamano may take them all home.

This has some serious potential. :D
Nice! And I'll add that to the awards list... it was your idea, so what would you like the name to be?

"The ______ Award for Worst Poster"

and yeah, on the other board I post on, this is the biggest event of the year on the boards. It's awesome to see yourself get nominated... nice little pat on the back.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Eldorado;2811688 said:
Nice! And I'll add that to the awards list... it was your idea, so what would you like the name to be?

"The ______ Award for Worst Poster"

and yeah, on the other board I post on, this is the biggest event of the year on the boards. It's awesome to see yourself get nominated... nice little pat on the back.

Oh man....that's just too easy!

"The Bob Sacamano Award for worst poster".

TADA!

Eldorado

Reaction score
tomson75;2811691 said:

TADA!
And so it shall be done...

the next 3 people in here can come up with an award, but I think i'll cut it off at 3 more awards so we can finish before the season!!

If you don't mind helping spread the word, tomson, we could get this thing rolling quite easily. Unfortunately, me and my 20 posts doesn't mean much!! ;)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Eldorado;2811694 said:
And so it shall be done...

the next 3 people in here can come up with an award, but I think i'll cut it off at 3 more awards so we can finish before the season!!

If you don't mind helping spread the word, tomson, we could get this thing rolling quite easily. Unfortunately, me and my 20 posts doesn't mean much!! ;)

On second thought, I wouldn't want Bobbo thinking he's of any real importance, so let's just name it after Judas....he's actually deserving, and his name makes it easily recycled for years to come.

As for spreading the word, just PM Bob and Slate, they have a sewing circle....when Slate isn't breaking boards with his fists of fury, that is. :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2811691 said:

TADA!

courtesy of Jordork on YouTube
[youtube]rYaIGKhtgzw[/youtube]

I'm in

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2811701 said:
[youtube]9D7WzCDT_0s&feature=related[/youtube]

I'm in

"embedding disabled by request"

FAIL.

Living up to the award name already :lmao2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I fixed it you jerks

another nomination should be "The Rush Limbaugh Award for Most Argumentative Poster"

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2811720 said:
I fixed it you jerks

another nomination should be "The Rush Limbaugh Award for Most Argumentative Poster"

Lmao...I like it. I might have to nominate myself for that one. :D

Silverbear might run away with it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2811725 said:

there would be a ****load of candidates

Silverbear
fuzzy
theo
Hostile
would nominate you, but your game is wack

Eldorado

Reaction score
I am also looking for anyone who would be willing to volunteer any amount of time to help run the thing, it's pretty rough to do it yourself. If not, I'll just grin and bear it-- but any help would be appreciated.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2811720 said:
I fixed it you jerks

You were thinking about me, weren't you?? :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
tomson75;2811725 said:

The boys in the Politics Zone would undoubtedly appreciate the irony of having my name linked to Rush's... LOL...

Instead, I would propose that it be the Silverbear Award for Most Argumentative Poster, which of course would mean that I'd be disqualified... that would keep it Cowboys related... the only downside would be that would mean that the award would really go to the second most argumentative poster...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
silverbear;2811804 said:
The boys in the Politics Zone would undoubtedly appreciate the irony of having my name linked to Rush's... LOL...

Instead, I would propose that it be the Silverbear Award for Most Argumentative Poster, which of course would mean that I'd be disqualified... that would keep it Cowboys related... the only downside would be that would mean that the award would really go to the second most argumentative poster...

Ugh...forgot about the political zone. I HAVE to stay out of there. I'd get booted out of this place pretty quick if I didn't.

There should be two categories for most argumentative.... political and non-political.

Eldorado, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I'm not always able to be on here, but I get opportunities in big chunks. Let me know what I'd need to do to help, and I'll see if its possible.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
How about the Silverbear award for the poster least likely to use the multiquote function :D

Oh wait Bear would win his own award :D

Status
Not open for further replies.