2009 Draft Picks-Correct Me if Wrong

irvin88

Reaction score
2009 We Still Have:

2nd Rounder
3rd Rounder
2 4th Rounders
2 5th Rounders (Just got one back from Tennessee)

Boysboy

Reaction score
irvin88;2338966 said:
2009 We Still Have:

2nd Rounder
3rd Rounder
2 4th Rounders

We also have a 6th rounder from Miami in the Fergy trade(someone correct me if I'm wrong). And someone here said Detroit gave us a 7th rounder in this deal.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
And we'll get compensation for Julius Jones, Reeves i believe

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you guys wanted a receiver in the 1st round than we got a receiver that would easily be the best in this class.

Roy Williams also wears a size 15 shoe.

6'4, fast, big, strong... WOOOOOOOOOO

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2339006 said:
If you guys wanted a receiver in the 1st round than we got a receiver that would easily be the best in this class.

Roy Williams also wears a size 15 shoe.

6'4, fast, big, strong... WOOOOOOOOOO

You know what they say about big feet........

BigDave95

Reaction score
irvin88;2338966 said:
2009 We Still Have:

2nd Rounder
3rd Rounder
2 4th Rounders

And remember the 3rd we have is from the Lions which could easily be the first pick in the 3rd. That's a great pick to have because it's now the 1st pick on the second day.

So we should have:
2nd
3rd
4th, 4th
5th, 5th, 5th (comp)
6th, 6th (comp)
7th, 7th

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
This is Dannyboy's post from earlier today, except I updated it with the trade --

2nd
3rd(Clev)
4th, 4th(Det)
5th, 5th(Tenn)
6th(Mia)
7th, 7th (Det)

Plus comp picks, likely one for Reeves (probably a fifth) and one for Julius (probably a sixth).

Also, it's possible that the third and/or sixth could be our own, if we sent Detroit Cleveland's third instead of our third, and/or Miami's sixth instead of our sixth.

cwboy1

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339060 said:
This is Dannyboy's post from earlier today, except I updated it with the trade --

2nd
3rd(Clev)
4th, 4th(Det)
5th, 5th(Tenn)
6th(Mia)
7th, 7th (Det)

Plus comp picks, likely one for Reeves (probably a fifth) and one for Julius (probably a sixth).

Also, it's possible that the third and/or sixth could be our own, if we sent Detroit Cleveland's third instead of our third, and/or Miami's sixth instead of our sixth.

I'm sure that it's posted somewhere but could you tell me how they decide what round for compensation they give for a player?

MONT17

Reaction score
Considering this years class of WR is a very good one chances r next years class will be full of bust! Jerry is used to buying what he wants drafting is a waste of time for him!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
cwboy1;2339170 said:
I'm sure that it's posted somewhere but could you tell me how they decide what round for compensation they give for a player?

How much they sign the player for, how much they accomplish that year, and whether or not they make the pro bowl. Not sure how significant each one is or what other elements there are but there a general idea.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cwboy1;2339170 said:

A combination of how big their contract is, how much they produced, etc.

Julius is playing pretty well, last I check, plus he's in a very weak NFCW. I think Jacques Reeves isn't starting, but nonetheless got big contract $.

So at this stage, I'm guessing a 5th for Julius and a 6th for Reeves.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Compensatory picks are based on the player's contract, playing time and postseason honors. The contract is by far the most important factor, followed by playing time, with postseason honors being a very small factor.

Reeves signed for more money than Jones and has started every game. If he continues to start, we should get a fifth for Reeves. It'll be difficult for the pick for Julius to be anything other than a sixth, especially considering that he shares time at running back.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339307 said:
Compensatory picks are based on the player's contract, playing time and postseason honors. The contract is by far the most important factor, followed by playing time, with postseason honors being a very small factor.

Reeves signed for more money than Jones and has started every game. If he continues to start, we should get a fifth for Reeves. It'll be difficult for the pick for Julius to be anything other than a sixth, especially considering that he shares time at running back.

If Jones runs for 1,000 yards I think we could get something good right?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
MONT17;2339171 said:
Considering this years class of WR is a very good one chances r next years class will be full of bust! Jerry is used to buying what he wants drafting is a waste of time for him!
Why draft a WR and wait the Usual 2 to 3 years for them to play in the NFL when we get a young stud right now, who we know isn't a bust. Look at Limas Sweed, he can't get off the Bench .

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2339338 said:
If Jones runs for 1,000 yards I think we could get something good right?

His statistics are irrelevant. Even if he rushes for 1,500 yards, it won't matter at all if he doesn't even make the Pro Bowl. For his pick to be anything more than a sixth, he'd probably have to play every snap from now until the end of the season AND make the Pro Bowl. And even then, it probably wouldn't be enough.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339424 said:
His statistics are irrelevant. Even if he rushes for 1,500 yards, it won't matter at all if he doesn't even make the Pro Bowl. For his pick to be anything more than a sixth, he'd probably have to play every snap from now until the end of the season AND make the Pro Bowl. And even then, it probably wouldn't be enough.

Ah that's lame then.....

Q_the_man

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339307 said:

Julius is on pace for 1200 to 1300 yards.

Should be atleast a 4th if he reaches that total.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yeah do we still get the 5th back from tennesse say adam jones comes back say in december?