2010: CB #1 Kyle Wilson, Boise State

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Anyone think we'll have a shot at this guy? I know Newman is still more than serviceable, but I still think we need to pick up a guy to groom so that we can have at least 3 solid CBs.

As Newman gets older, a future 3 CB defensive backfield with Jenkins, Scandrick, and Wilson would be devastating, with Sensabaugh and potentially a player like Dawan Landry or LaRon Landry roaming free.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Who knows. From a small school he could easily just disappear between now and draft time.

I think a lot of people will have reservations until Boise plays a big time offense and he puts on a show.

His family is crazy. They have a giant Madden-Like bus with him plastered all over it.

Check it.

0903-online-wilsonbus1.standalone.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I know a guy from Boise State - there is no way he is a faller like Scandrick
plus with the O line and D line plus a safety
I really don't see a need for a CB this year

Kyle Wilson, Boise State
Height: 5-10. Weight: 187.
Projected 40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

sorry there is no way I spend a 2-3 on him

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
u do realize, i have had this guy on my mock since i posted it a few weeks ago.

i still wish we would have drafted the Utah boys.....Smith and McCain...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wilson will not fall off the boards unless he plays his way down. Wilson has been considered the best DB prospect at Boise St. since his Soph. Yr.

If they play nobody else, he's still going to be high on everybodies boards IMO. The only way this changes is if he just flat falls down at the Combine or just gets the crap beaten out of him at the Sr. Games against compatition.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3017025 said:
Who knows. From a small school he could easily just disappear between now and draft time.

I think a lot of people will have reservations until Boise plays a big time offense and he puts on a show.

His family is crazy. They have a giant Madden-Like bus with him plastered all over it.

Check it.

His 2 ints against Oregon last year weren't big time enough?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He's a player. Some Draft Gurus have said he is rated higher than Orlando Scandrick was.

Silverstar

Reaction score
We just got Jenkins and Scandrick in 2008 and Newman is signed till 2014, so he's not going anywhere for awhile.

I like Wilson too, but unless he falls in our laps like Scandrick did we should really be looking at free safeties.

Besides, Mickens is still on the PS and could surprise 2010.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
casmith07;3016688 said:
Anyone think we'll have a shot at this guy? I know Newman is still more than serviceable, but I still think we need to pick up a guy to groom so that we can have at least 3 solid CBs.

As Newman gets older, a future 3 CB defensive backfield with Jenkins, Scandrick, and Wilson would be devastating, with Sensabaugh and potentially a player like Dawan Landry or LaRon Landry roaming free.

I'm open to ANY high-rated player who falls to us, I don't think we should limit ourselves to specific positions just to fill needs.....

Hoofbite

Reaction score
2much2soon;3023013 said:
His 2 ints against Oregon last year weren't big time enough?

Missed this thread after posting in it.

INTs don't carry over across years and if you come and bomb a year after playing well, nobody cares about that good year.

With that said, he had a hell of a season and would be a solid pickup for any team.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
say I got to say I made a mistake

I think we need to draft a CB

but I don't think we have a shot at Wilson

http://footballdraftanalysis.webs.com/cb.htm

Dominique Franks, Oklahoma
Javier Arenas, Alabama
Kareem Jackson, Alabama
Patrick Robinson, Florida State
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana of Pennsylvania
Jerome Murphy, South Florida
Amari Spievey, Iowa
Alterraun Verner, UCLA

2much2soon

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3276565 said:
INTs don't carry over across years and if you come and bomb a year after playing well, nobody cares about that good year.

One good year? I'd say his 3 punt returns and 5 ints his junior were better than what he did his senior year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We won't have any shot at this kid. With as good as he's shown to be I've got a feeling this guy will be long gone by the time we pick.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Post-Combine bump...

any more thoughts? I have a feeling with the run that will likely occur on offensive linemen, we might have a chance at selecting Kyle Wilson.

I would only select him, however, if Mike Iupati is no longer available when we go on the clock at #27. If neither are available, I'd trade out into the top 10 picks in Round 2, and select Vladimir Ducasse and hopefully Dexter McCluster later in Round 2.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3017025 said:

Check it.

Come on Hoof...Boise is not small time. Compared to maybe the very top BCS teams, but that's no big deal. Jenkins came from USF, Ware from Troy, Romo from EIU...and those are three of our 4 or 5 best players going forward. Boise is as big or bigger than any of those programs.

That bus is comical though.

Woods

Reaction score
i would love to draft him, but I think he'll be gone by 27.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
2much2soon;3276926 said:
One good year? I'd say his 3 punt returns and 5 ints his junior were better than what he did his senior year.

You have no idea what I was trying to say.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
This is one of the players that I think brian broaddus was talking about with cowboys looking at inside linebackers and cornerbacks.

At middle linebacker I think the cowboys will be looking at Spikes with a possible trade down to early 2nd round.