2010 Draft

garyv

Reaction score
I know it's early but was thinking what the Cowboys really need to improve on the Team in the 2010 NFL Draft.

Dallaslullaby

Reaction score
ot, og, ilb, cb, wr, s

for the right players I would even use a couple of 2011 picks as I think it is a good draft

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Offensive line - We could use help at any spot here. Doug Free is the only guy I can realistically see playing at an acceptable level 3 years from now. Maybe Robert Brewster has something, but we don't know right now. We need an infusion of youth badly. Not only because our OL is old, but because they aren't a very good unit.

Cornerback - Terence Newman is old, injury prone and on the decline. We need to be making arrangements to replace him as a starting corner beside Mike Jenkins. Yeah, yeah I know about Orlando Scandrick, but he's probably not #2 corner in this league.

Inside Linebacker - Jason Williams and Bobby Carpenter are our depth here...yeah.

Kicker - I don't think this needs to be elaborated on.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
in all seriousness, I don't think we go kicker. I think we'll tell David Buehler to work on FGs all off-season before we go out and worry about drafting a kicker.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
OL, defensive backfield and ILB unless they're sure Jason Williams can play there.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Personally, I'm leaning towards moving Scandrick to FS. He's better in zone coverege and is about the same size as Brandon Merriweather. It was kinda discussed last year, but they didn't want to kill the CB depth so they moved Ball instead. This offseason we should sign a vet CB, an older guy who gets released who won't cost much and then draft a CB in rd 2.

dannyboy

Reaction score
casmith07;3181709 said:
in all seriousness, I don't think we go kicker. I think we'll tell David Buehler to work on FGs all off-season before we go out and worry about drafting a kicker.

I think we bring back Folk in TC

Reaction score
I agree OL, ILB, Corner, Safety.

I disagree that we would even consider moving Scandrick to safety at this point. Scandrick has not played up to the level he did last year, but he's still part of a defense that is not giving up many points. And he's not the only guy ever to have a bit of a sophomore slump.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
casmith07;3181699 said:
Beating Philadelphia on Sunday for starters.

co-sign...this is all that matters

draft is for when we dont play any longer, which hopefully wont be till February

Gadfly22

Reaction score
O-line. Then O-line again. Then maybe O-line again or secondary or ILB.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
I think that the team needs to draft the BPA.You look at this team and you can make an argument that every position on the team could use an upgrade with the exception of OLB , QB and maybe RB.

Craig

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
They should "draft" a memo to tell people to focus on the game this weekend instead of the offseason that hasn't come yet! :bang2:

Sorry, I'm kidding! I hope we get some O-line and maybe a D-End if Spears leaves! :D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3181770 said:
They should "draft" a memo to tell people to focus on the game this weekend instead of the offseason that hasn't come yet! :bang2:

Sorry, I'm kidding! I hope we get some O-line and maybe a D-End if Spears leaves! :D

kinda agree with you there. i wanna enjoy the success we're having now and keep pushing for this year. draft talk is fine, but we have a draft talk zone for those who want to discuss that too.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Gadfly22;3181757 said:
O-line. Then O-line again. Then maybe O-line again or secondary or ILB.
Offensive line depth is a huge concern. Free and Brewster simply are not enough to offset the coming losses of Adams, Kosier, Colombo and Gurode. About the only starting lineman I expect to see as a Cowboy in 2012 is Leonard Davis. This should have been addressed even more this past April to give us more developmental time.

I also would not forget about the defensive line. I am not sure Bowen or Hatcher are capable replacements for Spears if he leaves. I would pick up one or two here as well.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
craig71;3181762 said:
I think that the team needs to draft the BPA.You look at this team and you can make an argument that every position on the team could use an upgrade with the exception of OLB , QB and maybe RB.

Craig
That has not necessarily been our strategy however. We tend to draft to roster holes. The past three drafts have all been punctuated by our braintrust, from Jones to Phillips, stating the roster is set at the starting positions. I would not touch QB, RB, OLB or TE by any means. We are three deep at almost all of them.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
3 deep at OLB??? We HAVE 3 OLB's (Ware, Spencer & Butler) but could use at least 1 more if not 2...

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dallaslullaby;3181702 said:
ot, og, ilb, cb, wr, s

for the right players I would even use a couple of 2011 picks as I think it is a good draft

I agree with your selections but I think a 3-4 DE and C is a higher priority than a Guard since we have have Brewster on the roster, but a G/C would be a plus, anything to get Proctor off of this roster

reddyuta

Reaction score
in order of preference

LT
C(proctor is still our backup center)
safety
corner
ILB
OG.