2010 NFL Draft Possible Cowboy Picks

garyv

Reaction score
Interesting reading all the Mock Drafts. Three Samples below.

Several 2010 Mock Drafts:

28. Dallas Cowboys
Brian Price, DT, UCLA.
The Cowboys need some interior line help, and Price is a top prospect that falls just short of the Suh/McCoy class. The Bruin lineman can line up as a DE or DT, and still get after the QB while staying stout against the run. OT/S help will come in later rounds.

28. DAL: Taylor Mays, S, USC
Safety remains a need for the Cowboys and Mays was projected in the top-10 before slipping following his return to the Trojans. Tabbing a LT to replace Flozell Adams is next.

28. Dallas Cowboys: Ras-I Dowling CB/FS, Virginia
What the Cowboys really need is an OT to replace the aging Flozell Adams who’s just too old to hack it anymore. Unfortunately taking any of the available OT’s left would be a reach. What they also need is help at safety and they get that here with Dowling. Perhaps they may go with a receiver like Notre Dame’s Golden Tate to go with Miles Austin. Jerry Jones may look to trade up for a flashier pick.

garyv

Reaction score
I have read some Negative Stuff on Taylor Mays like a bad Senior Season and hes comparable to our old Safety Roy Williams

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
We'll be drafting at 32. I haven't really researched what we could get there.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Price pick isn't bad, but I fully believe that Free will slide over to Flo's spot at some point and Maybe Brewster will pan.

garyv

Reaction score
I alos just read that Ras-I Dowling was returning to Virginia for Senior Season.

BigWillie

Reaction score
garyv;3197793 said:
I have read some Negative Stuff on Taylor Mays like a bad Senior Season and hes comparable to our old Safety Roy Williams

Except that Taylor Mays is an absolute freak of nature physically and athletically. Kid is 230lbs and chiseled out of granite. Not exactly similar to Roy Williams' pillsbury figure. :)

But the entire USC defense was garbage this year. And you have to wonder how much can be attributed to losing Nick Holt.

In any case, Taylor will test off the charts and rise back up most draft boards. A 230lbs safety who runs a 4.3 isn't someone you will find very often. And with that, someone will look back on that junior and sophomore tape to know he is more than worth it.

The Realist

Reaction score
2007, 2008 and 2009 combined 2 interceptions.

5 interceptions in 38 game career.

That's about what we are use to from our FS's around here.