2012 NFL Combine: Outside Linebacker

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Melvin Ingram is the only player to hit all the marks in this table, which should make him a candidate for the Cowboys' no. 14 draft pick.

Jake Bequette comes in a close and surprising second. He would need 27 reps to hit a 70 Explosion number, which would make him just the second edge rusher on this list to hit all four marks.

Bruce Irvin is also tantalizingly close on acing every one of these metrics. Andre Branch is in a similar situation, missing the lateral agility by fractions and needing 28 reps to hit the Explosion mark

Nick Perry and Bruce Irvin hit astonishing speed scores. For comparison, Chris Johnson had a 121.9 speed score. Unfortunately, while Irvin also did exceptionally well in the short shuttle, Perry did not. We'll want to watch Perry's Pro Day carefully, but unfortunately the times there won't really be comparable to the Combine times, for a number of reasons.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Anyone else want to join me on the Melvin Ingram bandwagon now?

supercowboy8

Reaction score
jterrell;4432943 said:
Anyone else want to join me on the Melvin Ingram bandwagon now?

I've been driving this wagon all year. But who ever wants to hop on go right ahead.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I noticed Jake Bequette at the combine and had to go back and evaul him again. I am completely sold on this kid, he has everything I want in a player. I think he will be an absolute steal in the second round. My first must have player of this draft. Gonna be the real deal IMO.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;4432989 said:
I noticed Jake Bequette at the combine and had to go back and evaul him again. I am completely sold on this kid, he has everything I want in a player. I think he will be an absolute steal in the second round. My first must have player of this draft. Gonna be the real deal IMO.

I hate comparing white guys to other white guys because it feels cheap but he does remind me of Kerrigan. Great production and athleticism was better than anticipated.

Gaede

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;4432989 said:

Agreed, looks like a player and certainly the type of guy the Cowboys like. Big, athletic, leader, big program.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jterrell;4433020 said:
I hate comparing white guys to other white guys because it feels cheap but he does remind me of Kerrigan. Great production and athleticism was better than anticipated.

Don't feel bad. In my first Mock Draft this season, I compared him to Dan Hampton. It's no big deal.

;)