2013 Round 1 pick

Hardline

Reaction score
Who will still be on the Geno Smith bandwagon after he is made to look stupid against the Texas Longhorns this Saturday ?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hardline;4768897 said:
Who will still be on the Geno Smith bandwagon after he is made to look stupid against the Texas Longhorns this Saturday ?

I'm hoping Texas wins, but the realist in me has convinced me to bookmark your post so that I can bump it after the game.

cowboyzz11

Benched
Reaction score
oh oh I got our draft pick at QB

TCU quarterback Casey Pachall was suspended indefinitely Thursday, hours after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in his second brush with trouble this year and one that clouds the 15th-ranked Horned Frogs' push for a Big 12 title.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
casmith07;4768543 said:
T.J. McDonald, S, University of Southern California Trojans.

I'd be okay with that, as long as we are hitting FA and the rest of the draft for OL and DL.

In the 1st round, I'm totally onboard with taking the BPA, regardless of position.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
cowboyzz11;4770066 said:
oh oh I got our draft pick at QB

TCU quarterback Casey Pachall was suspended indefinitely Thursday, hours after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in his second brush with trouble this year and one that clouds the 15th-ranked Horned Frogs' push for a Big 12 title.

Only his second?

His tattoos look like he's already served time.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4767427 said:
Ya Geno is going to be a beast.

Future superstar. He's got the whole package. Great arm strength, very accurate, can run with the football, make plays outside the pocket like Romo does, etc. I really don't see a weakness in his game.

9darter

Reaction score
TheCount;4772391 said:
I'd be okay with that [drafting TJ McDonald], as long as we are hitting FA and the rest of the draft for OL and DL.

In the 1st round, I'm totally onboard with taking the BPA, regardless of position.

Totally agree.

ghst187

Reaction score
RS12;4765208 said:
They could easily be drafting top 10. I could see 5-11 or 6-10 happening.

sadly enough, that may be accurate, we're terrible

VACowboy

Reaction score
ghst187;4772842 said:
sadly enough, that may be accurate, we're terrible

I could see top-10, and that to me means a stud defensive player. Barkley and Geno Smith are looking like probably the first two picks of the draft. Then you have Lotulelei, Hankins, Jarvis Jones, Montgomery and Mingo.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
VACowboy;4773169 said:
I could see top-10, and that to me means a stud defensive player. Barkley and Geno Smith are looking like probably the first two picks of the draft. Then you have Lotulelei, Hankins, Jarvis Jones, Montgomery and Mingo.

If Dallas is Top 10, they have to go OT.

Unless Doug Free somehow does a complete 180, Dallas needs another OT.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4773485 said:
If Dallas is Top 10, they have to go OT.

Unless Doug Free somehow does a complete 180, Dallas needs another OT.

Which OT do you draft in the top-10?

I take BPA, which is gonna prolly be a DL or LB.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Hardline;4768897 said:
I am a Longhorns fan too, but they did not exactly "make him look stupid." The guy looked pretty darn good last night...
:starspin

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
First three rounds: center, DLine, safety in any order

Center is a must. No more Costa, Arkin, Cook, etc. You have to invest in someone for the future that can start for 5+ years like Stepnoski or Gurode. It's become the second most important position on the OLine next to LT for this team. You can scheme to give help to a struggling LT or RT but you can't if your center is getting blown up

Livings and Bernardeau are nothing good either but unfortunately we're stuck with them for at least another few years :(

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4776029 said:

Center is a must. No more Costa, Arkin, Cook, etc. You have to invest in someone for the future that can start for 5+ years like Stepnoski or Gurode. It's become the second most important position on the OLine next to LT for this team. You can scheme to give help to a struggling LT or RT but you can't if your center is getting blown up

Livings and Bernardeau are nothing good either but unfortunately we're stuck with them for at least another few years :(

Centers rarely ever go in the first round. So your picks would likely be: DL/C/Safety or DL/S/C if those are the three your after. Just saying, outside of Pouncey, how often is a Center taken in the first? Usually 2-5 range for them.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4776029 said:

Why are we stuck with them for a few more years. We can cut them when ever we want.
Living we might be stuck with one more year but bernardeau contract is very good. We can't cut him with out hardly any cap hit.

Cook has graded out as the 16th best center. The two OGs are awful and have graded out as so. This draft is loaded with OGs this year. We would be stupid to let one if not 2 slip by. I would take two OGs this year right now before I would take a center in this draft.

I would take Barrett Jones but I think he is more of a LG then a center in the NFL.
Right now I don't like any of the senior center in college. I'm not going to reach just to say I have a center.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
We're talking about a team that always gets rid of players too late rather than too early or at the right time. I don't see Jerry changing that philosophy with Bernardeau and Livings...they will be here next year for sure

Macnalty

Reaction score
After this OU game at the cottenbowl I would expect him to be available, they got their --ses smashed. I watched on purpose to see their prowess and came away unimpressed. That OU defense looked stout or else Texas is really lame. Gives one something to think about in Kansas State.

KB1122

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are in the top 10, how in the world do they not strongly consider a quarterback? Hopefully we don't plan on being that high again anytime soon.