2013 Senior Bowl Game Thread

RS12

Reaction score
Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
I know I bad mouth comps all the time.. but Brian Winters reminds me of a less athletic Logan Mankins coming out of college #KentState
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

jnday

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4984199 said:
Warford played RG in college and will be a RG in the NFL. He needs to drop some pounds so he can pedal better to play LG.

I wish we could play man up football but Callahan likes the zone and I don't think Warford has the feet to play zone.

I had rather let Callahan call the plays and get another oline coach. Go back with some big young lineman and get away from this zone blocking mess. I want to see physical football that wears a defense down. Forget these small guys and and go to power football.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i was busy and missed the game.....how did Goodwin, Patton, and Brandon Williams do?

supercowboy8

Reaction score
jnday;4984472 said:
I had rather let Callahan call the plays and get another oline coach. Go back with some big young lineman and get away from this zone blocking mess. I want to see physical football that wears a defense down. Forget these small guys and and go to power football.

If you want Callahan to call the plays then he will run his scheme which is zone blocking.

jnday

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4984456 said:
I would rather have Cooper. Much better player and better fit for this team.

If Cooper can gain about 25lbs, he might be in Warmack's class. I trust Warford or Warmack much when it comes to blowing these 320lb dlinemen off the LOS.

RS12

Reaction score
Scott Wright ‏@DraftCountdown
Already liked SE La. CB Robert Alford (@RockoRocky) A LOT but after Senior Bowl performance he's officially reached "Prosect Crush" status.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

supercowboy8

Reaction score
jnday;4984479 said:
If Cooper can gain about 25lbs, he might be in Warmack's class. I trust Warford or Warmack much when it comes to blowing these 320lb dlinemen off the LOS.

thats not the goal in zone blocking which is what Callahan runs.

Also we need to wait until the combine to see what Cooper weighs. There are alot of different information about his weight. I have seen it from 295 to 315.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Biggems;4984488 said:
ty for the update, how about the two WRs i listed?

I liked what I saw from Patton and think after the combine he will be a late first round pick. I live in Nashville and work with a family friend of his. He is a great guy and his father is sick with cancer. Really brought the kid down to earth.

jnday

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4984496 said:
thats not the goal in zone blocking which is what Callahan runs.

Also we need to wait until the combine to see what Cooper weighs. There are alot of different information about his weight. I have seen it from 295 to 315.

No, it is not the goal with zone blocking, but it has been a big problem with this team for years. I have read that Cooper plays as low as 280lbs. It is just my opinion, but finesse football stinks.