Twitter: 2014 NFL schedule to be released Wed or Thurs

Neverhood

Reaction score
Woohooooo finally, just praying we don't open @ the seahawks that place will be even more amped up with the ceremonies and whatnot

Fredd

Reaction score
can't see that...the NFL will already get ratings on opening day so they don't need Dallas there for that....besides, doesn't NBC like to grab Dallas on Sunday night in opening week?

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
can't see that...the NFL will already get ratings on opening day so they don't need Dallas there for that....besides, doesn't NBC like to grab Dallas on Sunday night in opening week?

We did play the Giants on opening Wednesday the season before last.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
The are talking on nfl network that Seattle will most likely open at home against the 49ers.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a noon or 315 start vs a ari or chi type. But at min I think we will open snf. My prediction is we will open vs hawks

Neverhood

Reaction score
People that use the "why would they use that game to open the season, it gets ratings whenever" just have no clue. Look at the last bunch of years most if not all of the games could have got great ratings whenever. The other options are GB @ SEA, Denver @ SEA, and 49ers @ SEA, I'm positive all of those games will have ratings through the roof whenever they are played.

Fredd

Reaction score
People that use the "why would they use that game to open the season, it gets ratings whenever" just have no clue. Look at the last bunch of years most if not all of the games could have got great ratings whenever. The other options are GB @ SEA, Denver @ SEA, and 49ers @ SEA, I'm positive all of those games will have ratings through the roof whenever they are played.

so I have no clue? You DO know that Dallas is the league's biggest draw, right, or are you clueless? My point being that the first game of the year with Seattle is going to be a draw regardless of who they play...and, I would think a rivalry game against SF is their best bet, not dallas

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think we could see a Wash at Dallas type of game. With Rg3overrated and the new coach and djax could be a huge draw for the networks

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL still doesn’t have a firm plan for the release of the 2014 regular-season schedule.
Still waiting on the announcement that they finally have a plan in place.

Why announce they don't have a plan when we already know that?

Proximo

Reaction score
Still waiting on the announcement that they finally have a plan in place.

Why announce they don't have a plan when we already know that?

It's amazing to me that the NFL has become such an a year round hype machine. It's to the point where they have us fans discussing the announcement of when they're going to announce the schedule.

And I fully admit, they suck me in.

Reactions: Coy

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Dallas Philadelphia game.

That was my thought too, at Philly though. If not that, then we close out the season at Philly.

We got out home opener and closer last year, so it will be another 8 years before that happens again, when for all other teams it is like every 2 or 3 at the most.
Unless your an NFL / media darling team, like the Giants, that Mara gets his whiny ways. Or the Patriots or Steelers.
Actually I would need to look at past scedules to see what those teams schedules actually were.

Maybe SF at seattle to open, the SNF game could be a Denver game. If we close the season at Philly, then maybe the 1st game, home or away could be the Commanders. I doubt it's the Giants again. That's happened often the past 4 years. But the Commanders, new coach and all, see how the rivalry starts with a new coach.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I'll go against the grain and say we open at home against Indy. Close on the road against Skins.

KDM256

Reaction score
Since everybody else throwing teams out there, I would say Washington or Philly to opening up the season

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'll go against the grain and say we open at home against Indy. Close on the road against Skins.

It would have to be a Sun night or Mon night vs Indy. CBS still has US Open rights and doesn't show any football games in the 415pm est time slot

DBOY3141

Reaction score
It would have to be a Sun night or Mon night vs Indy. CBS still has US Open rights and doesn't show any football games in the 415pm est time slot

They could play at 1pm est. I don't think we open this year on SNF or MNF.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
They could play at 1pm est. I don't think we open this year on SNF or MNF.

CBS isn't showing Cowboys/Colts at 1pm est. that's a doubleheader national tv type game IMO. Cowboys/texans could be a 1pm start, but if the Texans draft Manziel, it may not either.