Twitter: 2016 Draft Derek Henry & Zeke

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Imagine being attacked as a partisan for providing facts. It's not my fault if they make you uncomfortable.

I dont see anybody being uncomfortable bro, in fact we are all pretty dam comfortable with Zeke as our RB...……….you, not so much:laugh:

Reactions: BAT

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
In any statistical study with the two subjects being so new you'd heavily weight their most recent performance right?

You want to talk about most recent performance, ok bro, lets talk most recent performance...…….Here is your boy Henry's last game.

17 rushes for 44 yards, 2.6 average...…….and that was against the sorry arse Jags:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He doesn't break tackles at an elite level. He doesn't make guys miss at an elite level. He no longer has his long speed. He doesn't break long runs. His receiving efficiency is poor.

So you have combed through all the stats while sitting on the couch eating nachos and have determined that Zeke is not elite:huh:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaa:laugh::lmao2::lmao:

Seriously bro, just log off now...…...you are making a complete fool out of yourself with these ridiculous "Zeke is not elite" threads.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hilarious. For the past 3 years there’s been thread after thread about how great Zeke is, many times by the same OP’s and most people got lock jaw and callouses just reading the threads. A lot of those threads were also based on how great he was because of his total yards with no mention of the O line or the fact that he had more carries than any other RB.

Now we have an OP that is critical of Zeke and people call him “obsessed”. I never remember reading that about the other OP’s mentioned above. The OP has also presented many more critical facts that should open some of your eyes (other than total yards) and now he is criticized and those facts aren’t enough, yet total yards somehow as the definitive answer as to why he was the best.

Zeke is good but he’s not worth what Jerry paid him, no RB is.

Total yards matters. It is how running backs have been measured since the beginning. The OP did not present critical facts. It presented a random sampling of the last 500 rushing attempts of each running back. The problem is that the last 500 rushing attempts for Henry constitute 91% of his career. That is only 55% of Elliott's career. That is a terrible comparison considering both players have been in the league the same number of years. If Elliott only had 552 career rushing attempts for the Cowboys that would be a serious issue.

What do you mean there has been no mention of the O-line? People gladly acknowledge Dallas has one of the top offensive line units in the league and have had so for the last several years. The Titans have, too. They have a highly regarded offensive line in Tennessee. Both lines have been considered top 5 for the last few years.

And yes, the OP is "obsessed". He can't get over that Elliott was drafted by the Cowboys. That happened in 2016 and he has taken many opportunities to bash the choice as if it would have any bearing on the decision. He can't change what happened. When is there a time to let go and move on? Elliott wasn't the wrong choice. Ramsey wouldn't have been the wrong choice, either. Sometimes there are a few good options. The OP tries to present it as if Elliott were a Taco Charlton type pick.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Who cares. No one would even rank Henry over Zeke anyway. Because he's not better than Zeke and will never be. Derrick Henry is still a solid back. A power back, different style than Zeke.

joseephuss

Reaction score
You're right. This was an unfair comparison for Henry.

And we are supposed to believe you provide an objective analysis. Your opinion is clearly skewed. I guess Elliott kicked your sister and slept with your dog.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I was one of those hoping for Ramsey in the 1st and Henry in the 2nd at the time.

aria

Reaction score
Total yards matters. It is how running backs have been measured since the beginning. The OP did not present critical facts. It presented a random sampling of the last 500 rushing attempts of each running back. The problem is that the last 500 rushing attempts for Henry constitute 91% of his career. That is only 55% of Elliott's career. That is a terrible comparison considering both players have been in the league the same number of years. If Elliott only had 552 career rushing attempts for the Cowboys that would be a serious issue.

What do you mean there has been no mention of the O-line? People gladly acknowledge Dallas has one of the top offensive line units in the league and have had so for the last several years. The Titans have, too. They have a highly regarded offensive line in Tennessee. Both lines have been considered top 5 for the last few years.

And yes, the OP is "obsessed". He can't get over that Elliott was drafted by the Cowboys. That happened in 2016 and he has taken many opportunities to bash the choice as if it would have any bearing on the decision. He can't change what happened. When is there a time to let go and move on? Elliott wasn't the wrong choice. Ramsey wouldn't have been the wrong choice, either. Sometimes there are a few good options. The OP tries to present it as if Elliott were a Taco Charlton type pick.
“People gladly acknowledge Dallas has one of the top offensive line units in the league and have had so for the last several years”. Are you kidding me? I’ve presented stats and asked people to name me 10 better O lines last year and no one could do it yet they continued to argue that Dallas had an average to below average run blocking line last year. I’ve argued this this several times, I’m surprised you’re acknowledging this because you’re one of the very, very few.

Total yards matters? Name me how many RB’s in the last 20 years that have had the most yards but not the most carries? Barkley ran behind a much inferior O line and had less carries, based in ypc he would have beat Zeke if he had as many carries.

So what if he’s obsessed? As I said, there are and have been several people that praise Zeke by starting new threads every week and no one calls them obsessed. No one would be calling him obsessed if he was arguing how Zeke is the best RB in the league, some people just can’t handle facts.

jay94

Reaction score
By far the least Zeke has impressed me this year, he does nothing unless he has gaping holes. Looks noticably slower as well. Far from elite.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
By far the least Zeke has impressed me this year, he does nothing unless he has gaping holes. Looks noticably slower as well. Far from elite.

You’re crazy. He played amazing today. His vision is among the best I’ve ever witnessed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
“People gladly acknowledge Dallas has one of the top offensive line units in the league and have had so for the last several years”. Are you kidding me? I’ve presented stats and asked people to name me 10 better O lines last year and no one could do it yet they continued to argue that Dallas had an average to below average run blocking line last year. I’ve argued this this several times, I’m surprised you’re acknowledging this because you’re one of the very, very few.

Total yards matters? Name me how many RB’s in the last 20 years that have had the most yards but not the most carries? Barkley ran behind a much inferior O line and had less carries, based in ypc he would have beat Zeke if he had as many carries.

So what if he’s obsessed? As I said, there are and have been several people that praise Zeke by starting new threads every week and no one calls them obsessed. No one would be calling him obsessed if he was arguing how Zeke is the best RB in the league, some people just can’t handle facts.

What facts were presented? Some skewed stats were presented between Henry and Elliott. They utilized basically all of Henry's career and compared it to 2/3rds of Elliott. Those aren't facts. They are an opinion disguised as facts. What does Barkley have to do with this? Dallas wasn't in position to acquire him in last years draft and he obviously hasn't been around since 2016 like both Elliott and Henry. Elliott doesn't have to be the "best" back in the NFL in order for him to be a good draft choice and an important cog for the Cowboys offense. Ramsey doesn't need to be the "best" CB in the NFL in order to be a good draft choice, either.

Yes, total yards matter when you run the offense Dallas wants to run. If Elliott had gone his first 3 seasons without a 1000 yards no one would consider him one of the better running backs in the NFL. The total number of carries matter as well. A guy that can handle that workload provides value and more carries per game helps control time of possession. It isn't as if Elliott is averaging 3.8 yards per carry. He averages 129 yards from scrimmage per game. How is this a bad thing?

aria

Reaction score
Agreed on not having having to be the best, because he isn’t, regardless if he had the most yards or not but most people will use those yards to say he is. I was referring to all of his threads in general, not just this one, where he has posted legitimate facts.

I never said total yards was a bad thing, I said there are several other factors that make a RB the best, not just total yards and in Zeke’s case he isn’t anywhere close to the best in several of those categories. Again, the O line has a lot due to with how many carries a RB can handle. When Barkley is constantly getting hit behind the line of scrimmage and Zeke has holes you could drive a semi through then of course he will be able to handle more carries. BTW, Zeke actually averaged less yards from scrimmage than quite a few other backs with much worse O lines last year, he also had the second most fumbles by a wide margin and was slightly above average with broken tackles.