2016 Leaked Draft Board & current players available

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moderator Edit - Article link: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...as-cowboys-2016-draft-board-possibly-revealed

Here are the first 4 rounds of the 2016 leaked draft board.

The Cowboys draft board does not mean exactly what fans think it means.
- QB Jeff Driskel just before Dak on the board but they drafted Dak.
- QB Connor Cook on the board in the 2nd & available at their 3rd round pick.
- The board is just talent. They decide on intangibles/medical/character at draft time.

It appears that under the right circumstances that the Cowboys would draft a DT in the 1st.

They had run stopper type DTs on the draft board including Jarran Reed & A'Shawn Robinson.

They acquired 4 players that were on their board at some point after that draft.
- Thompson, Ward, Washington.
- Parker Ehinger not shown, but was on the board as a 5th rounder.
- Interesting concept with regards to Safety Karl Joseph as an upcoming free agent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

- The board is just talent. They decide on intangibles/medical/character at draft time.

It appears that under the right circumstances that the Cowboys would draft a DT in the 1st.

They had run stopper type DTs on the draft board including Jarran Reed & A'Shawn Robinson.

They acquired 4 players that were on their board at some point after that draft.
- Interesting concept with regards to Safety Karl Joseph as an upcoming free agent.

...link?

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Whoever allowed Michael Thomas to be a 3rd round grade should be fired. I guess they never saw a Ohio St. football game with Michael Thomas on the field.

I have no confidence in our personnel department after seeing Josh Doctson and Corey Coleman ranked so much higher than Michaell Thomas. Again, do they watch college football games. You scouted Elliott and could not tell that Michael Thomas was better than those system made WR from the TCU and Baylor?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you not see the spreadsheet?
Yes. Where did the information contained in the spreadsheet originate? Was the spreadsheet created by the franchise's front office and posted on another site? Was the spreadsheet created from information displayed in an obtained image of the team's draft board? If so, is there a link to that image on another site?

CPanther95

Reaction score
It appears they had prioritized DT over QB or CB or they would have grabbed Conner Cook or Kendall Fuller @ 67.

Also, if Cook hadn't been taken at 100, they would have snapped him up at 101, then probably Ronald Blair (DE) or double up on DTs with Quinton Jefferson (DT) at 135.

...and I'd love to know what was "illegible" written above Andrew Billings. "Too Fat", "Marinelli Veto" ???

blueblood70

Reaction score
Whoever allowed Michael Thomas to be a 3rd round grade should be fired. I guess they never saw a Ohio St. football game with Michael Thomas on the field.

I have no confidence in our personnel department after seeing Josh Doctson and Corey Coleman ranked so much higher than Michaell Thomas. Again, do they watch college football games. You scouted Elliott and could not tell that Michael Thomas was better than those system made WR from the TCU and Baylor?
apparently he went mid second wasn't far off where the boys had him..so other teams let him slide, it happens..i believ they were looking for a true burner speed guy vs possession WR..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

408Cowboy

Reaction score

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks the spreadsheet didn't load for some reason.
I had a similar problem. The spreadsheet was visible when I first clicked on the thread. Then it disappeared for some unknown reason. Then the spreadsheet reappeared a few seconds later.

I am chalking up the problem to my company's internet filter. :muttley: I really hate that thing. :(

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Moderator Edit - Article link: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...as-cowboys-2016-draft-board-possibly-revealed

They had Carson Wentz ranked ahead of Dak. Thank God they didn't make that mistake.....