News: 2016 NFL Mock Draft Database: 30 Mocks, 10 Prospects For Dallas Cowboys

CCBoy

Reaction score
2016 NFL Mock Draft Database: 30 Mocks, 10 Prospects For Dallas Cowboys
By One.Cool.Customer

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...base-30-mocks-10-prospects-for-dallas-cowboys

...Here's a further breakdown of the mocks by position and by player selected:

Summary Results
By PositionMocksBy PlayerPOSMocks

DE9 Myles JackLB9
LB9 Joey BosaDE6
CB/S5 Jalen RamseyCB5
DT4 A'Shawn RobinsonDT3
QB2 Deforest BucknerDE2
WR1 Jared GoffQB1
Carson WentzQB1
Andrew BillingsDT1
Robert NkemdicheDT1
Laquon TreadwellWR1

We have 90 days until the the first round of the 2016 NFL draft kicks off, so a lot can still happen at the top of the draft. But you've got to wonder how there can be 10 different names being proposed for the Cowboys' fourth-overall pick. If all of these names were indeed viable options, then the Cowboys would be wise to trade down, but I suspect that not all of the 10 names listed here are of the same quality.

It is a little surprising to see Myles Jack get the most nods in this collection of mocks, and for the QBs to get so little consideration. Perhaps this is because we're still early in the draft season, perhaps it's because not everybody has bought into the QB hype in Dallas just yet.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Question: Do you see Dallas going with Nkemdiche at #4?

Jon Machota: I don't. I think that's probably too high for him. He projects to be a three-technique DT in a 4-3 scheme, the same spot Tyrone Crawford plays for Dallas. Since Crawford just signed a significant contract extension, I doubt the Cowboys add a 3-tech at No. 4. As of right now, I think they'll go defense and take the best out of Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack and Joey Bosa.

Question: Is Jalen Ramsey worth the 4th overall?

Jon Machota: I don't think there's any question about it. I think that would be a great pick for the Cowboys. It would give them two versatile and young freak athletes (Byron Jones) to play on the back end. You could keep Jones at free safety and play Ramsey at corner or end up playing them both at safety. I'm not guaranteeing any Pro Bowls, but that tandem would greatly improve a major area of need on this Cowboys roster.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...boys-go-defense-4-pick-take-one-three-players

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Question: Do you see Dallas going with Nkemdiche at #4?

Jon Machota: I don't. I think that's probably too high for him. He projects to be a three-technique DT in a 4-3 scheme, the same spot Tyrone Crawford plays for Dallas. Since Crawford just signed a significant contract extension, I doubt the Cowboys add a 3-tech at No. 4. As of right now, I think they'll go defense and take the best out of Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack and Joey Bosa.

Question: Is Jalen Ramsey worth the 4th overall?

Jon Machota: I don't think there's any question about it. I think that would be a great pick for the Cowboys. It would give them two versatile and young freak athletes (Byron Jones) to play on the back end. You could keep Jones at free safety and play Ramsey at corner or end up playing them both at safety. I'm not guaranteeing any Pro Bowls, but that tandem would greatly improve a major area of need on this Cowboys roster.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...boys-go-defense-4-pick-take-one-three-players

This clown says Ramsey is (absolutely) worth top 4 but wont guarantee pro bowls. Wow

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Morris was worth it as well and unfortunelty injuries didn't work, I rather go secondary in a trade back or later in draft I would go for Jack or Bosa at 4.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This clown says Ramsey is (absolutely) worth top 4 but wont guarantee pro bowls. Wow

No, someone's heart can't truely be measured, but has to be gauged during his walk. Lots of kids today are overly filled with self...and not sacrifice.