FEATURED ****2017 NFL Draft Day THREE****

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Desmond King is slow and small. I'm glad he's finally off the board to a team other than us.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
He wouldn't have been there in the 6th, and he is a lot more than a special teams guy.

You don't know that in a deep draft......I heard the same things about Lance Dunbar, yet this team cut Darius Jackson and Kept Dunbar for a couple of weeks and are now in the market for another young back.....I have no problem replacing Whitehead and or even Butler but in a deep draft in the fourth round, you can find major contributors to help you this year, Swisher is going to see about as much action as Dunbar did or even Lucky Whitehead..........so a couple Jet sweeps every other week...He's not going to take reps away from the Beasley unless he's injured, he's not going to line up outside, He's not going to take reps away from McFadden.....so he's primarily going to stand back and put his hand up and catch a ball on punts......

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Woods would be a player who can push for snaps right away. In the 5th/6th round, someone is getting good value.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Woods, Avery Moss, Isaac Asiata, Nathan Peterman, Hodges all players I'm hopin to fall. Can see them all go very quickly tho.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Woods, Avery Moss, Isaac Asiata, Nathan Peterman, Hodges all players I'm hopin to fall. Can see them all go very quickly tho.
I think Moss is going to be a target in the 6th. If he's there I think they consider him heavily.

Bocephus

Reaction score
Would anyone like to see us take Caleb Brantley or sign him if he goes undrafted

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
He will be more than a ST player. However let's say he only plays ST next year. He has 2 punt return TDs and consistently changes field position and is top 5 returner. Will you care if he was drafted in the 4th vs 5th vs 6th rd?

Perceived "value" goes out the window when players step on the field. Production is what matters. If Swizter produces at a high level I do not care where he was picked.

A good recent example is Frederick. Many here and in the media whined about him being taking in the 1st. Well does it matter now? Would you care if he was taken in the 1st vs 2nd rd?

This is the same team that drafted a drug addict Gregory in the second round and who's career is now over in Dallas, drafted a tight end Escobar and never used him correctly, Dunbar was kept on this team for his x factor ability but the Cowboys draft these guys and never use them.....For a team that can't stop anybody through the air 26th in pass defense, I would have been happy with another corner, or safety or linebacker, at least they'll have a chance to play more than three plays a game...And with regards to Frederick who was a good player, but most were unhappy with the return via the trade to move back to acquire him....and the next center didn't go off the board until the fifth round, so I think it's safe to say you could have gotten Frederick much later in the draft..

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
You don't know that in a deep draft......I heard the same things about Lance Dunbar, yet this team cut Darius Jackson and Kept Dunbar for a couple of weeks and are now in the market for another young back.....I have no problem replacing Whitehead and or even Butler but in a deep draft in the fourth round, you can find major contributors to help you this year, Swisher is going to see about as much action as Dunbar did or even Lucky Whitehead..........so a couple Jet sweeps every other week...He's not going to take reps away from the Beasley unless he's injured, he's not going to line up outside, He's not going to take reps away from McFadden.....so he's primarily going to stand back and put his hand up and catch a ball on punts......

I don't agree with that at all, he can step in right away and play, like someone else said, he is much more like Edelman.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Joe Baker on, said he likes Xavier Woods.

Find a way to get me him, Sam Rogers or Avery Moss/Obenigbo and I'm a happy camper. (Yes, I know we currently only have two picks left.)

Status
Not open for further replies.