FEATURED ****2017 NFL Draft Day THREE****

Status
Not open for further replies.

robjay04

Reaction score
this team has a lot of defensive lineman.

D-Law
Collins
Paea
Crawford
Moore
Mayowa
Irving
Thornton
Charlton
Ivie
Carroll
Tapper

12 guys fighting for 9 maybe 10 spots at best and only 8 are going to dress. Preseason games are going to be fun to watch this group fight it out.

Not many jobs are safe. Thornton will have to earn his spot. I believe Crawford isn't a lock. I know he will likely make the team and his contract isn't very friendly to part with but he if the team feels they can take on the cap hit and are already planning to part ways in a year...who knows?

More likely scenario is the last two DL are on the practice squad but Rod didn't look like a man hype to have a stacked practice squad.

Hailmary

Reaction score
this team has a lot of defensive lineman.

D-Law
Collins
Paea
Crawford
Moore
Mayowa
Irving
Thornton
Charlton
Ivie
Carroll
Tapper

12 guys fighting for 9 maybe 10 spots at best and only 8 are going to dress. Preseason games are going to be fun to watch this group fight it out.
Ivie and Carroll are PS candidates or will be cut. I can see Moore having a short leash considering his past.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
he's not even on the nfl draft list but he looks pretty quick inside on those tape highlights

I follow the draft like no other....And there were 3 other kids from Colorado still on the board that got more pub. Have no clue about this pick...and this is unusual. Probably replaces McClain.

Jordan Carrell

Carrell-Jordan-2015-UA-TH-01.jpg

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I follow the draft like no other....And there were 3 other kids from Colorado still on the board that got more pub. Have no clue about this pick...and this is unusual. Probably replaces McClain.

Jordan Carrell

mcclain was replaced by paea

lwehlers

Reaction score
I'll say thank god for an extra preseason game need all the reps we can get

I also agree that will be huge for this defense this year to have that extra game. a lot of young guys in the secondary this year are going to need that extra game to get ready. can not wait until preseason to watch this young defense gel.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Mayock was like 'I haven't watched his tape'
C'mon man! I hope this kid sets the rookie sack record and makes the draft gurus eat a live crow.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Not many jobs are safe. Thornton will have to earn his spot. I believe Crawford isn't a lock. I know he will likely make the team and his contract isn't very friendly to part with but he if the team feels they can take on the cap hit and are already planning to part ways in a year...who knows?

More likely scenario is the last two DL are on the practice squad but Rod didn't look like a man hype to have a stacked practice squad.

I will bet crawford is going nowhere!

anyway yea the team figuring out which players to keep and how to use them is going to be fun to watch. The preseason games have all kinds of meaning.

Plankton

Reaction score
Some UDFA targets:

Alex Torgerson QB Yale
Corey Clement RB Wisconsin
Cole Hikutini TE Louisville
Tyler Orlosky C West Virginia
Collin Buchanan OG Miami OH
Aviante Collins OT TCU
Jerry Ugokwe OT William & Mary
Keionta Davis DE Chattanooga
DeAngelo Brown DT Louisville
Connor Harris MLB Lindenwood
Carroll Phillips OLB/DE Illinois
James Onwualu OLB Notre Dame

gmoney112

Reaction score
Some UDFA targets:

Alex Torgerson QB Yale
Corey Clement RB Wisconsin
Cole Hikutini TE Louisville
Tyler Orlosky C West Virginia
Collin Buchanan OG Miami OH
Aviante Collins OT TCU
Jerry Ugokwe OT William & Mary
Keionta Davis DE Chattanooga
DeAngelo Brown DT Louisville
Connor Harris MLB Lindenwood
Carroll Phillips OLB/DE Illinois
James Onwualu OLB Notre Dame

There's some good players on that list. I'd include Fred Ross, Tyrone Swoopes, Lorenzo Jerome

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score

Jordan Carrell

Is he wearing pink eyeblack in that pick lol

fishspill

Reaction score
lol chad kelly mr. irrelevant.
It'll be revealed in a year or two when Jim Kelly is on his deathbed that Elway picked Chad as a favor to an old friend. Chad will transcend his ways and become a Super Bowl winning QB. He will name his son James.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So has Irvin lost his job at NFL Network? Isn't he the usually part of their draft coverage??

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerome, Davis, Cannon, Orlosky, Dunker, Odenigbo, Rogers, Phillips ... some interesting players still out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.