News: 2017 NFL Draft Full Of Talented Edge Rushers; Perfect For The Cowboys

CCBoy

Reaction score
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...d-edge-rushers-perfect-for-the-dallas-cowboys

Example 1:

1. Is this draft better on offense or defense?

[Mel] Kiper: This is a defensive draft. It's incredibly strong there -- 15 of my top 25 prospects are defenders, including eight of the top 10. And it's deep too, with pass-rushers and defensive backs galore. On offense, this draft is lacking in premier talent at positions that are usually picked in the top five: offensive tackles and quarterbacks. There just isn't much there.

12. If my team needs a ______, we're in luck in this draft.

[Mel] Kiper: Pass-rusher. The class is littered with talented rushers -- for both a 3-4 and 4-3 scheme. The next-deepest positions: tight end and center.

Example 2:

The 2017 NFL draft should be loaded with talented edge defenders who can wreak havoc on opposing quarterbacks.

Example 3:

...trust me in the 2017 NFL Draft there will be pass rushers SIGNIFICANTLY higher rated still on the board at the same point in the draft. How can I be this confident?

As I began to dig into the tape and study of these outside edge rushers, I was floored. These guys aren’t ‘try hard’ guys that have ‘excellent motors’ or are ‘powerful guys with very little athletic upside.’ No, these guys in the 2017 NFL Draft are guys that are fast-twitch, athletic freaks, guys that can play either on the right side, left side, or as OLBs in a 3-4 system. I’ve already seen 10-12 edge rushers that have borderline 1st round grades, and I’m absolutely convinced they can be 10+ sack a year guys. Many of them will drop into the 2nd round