2017 NFL Free Agent List

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2 guys Im very interested in are Melvin Ingram and Dre Kirkpatrick

Ingram would be a great addition if we decide to go big in FA to address the pass rush. A guy SD may want to retain, but you never really know with them. Sportact has his market value at just north of 10 million. I think its actually higher than that

Dre Kirkpatrick would be a solid value signing if the Bengals dont retain him. Bloomed later in his rookie deal, but has really come on of late. The Bengals draft heavily at CB, so they may not want to pay him a veteran deal. He could look for a 1 or 2 year deal to bet on himself because the long term money may not be there for him in 2017. If this is the case, he could make for a strong addition

jrumann59

Reaction score
Matt Elam I would at least take a look at and see if he is worth a shot at SS, maybe Teo, Robert Woods to replace TWill, make run a Bennie Logan, Has Kennie Stills learned the NFL route tree or is the go his only route.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Matt Elam I would at least take a look at and see if he is worth a shot at SS, maybe Teo, Robert Woods to replace TWill, make run a Bennie Logan, Has Kennie Stills learned the NFL route tree or is the go his only route.
Logan would look real nice anchoring our middle. Be a huge blow to the Eagles as well. Thornton showed ability at both DT spots and would serve very well as a #3 DT. Logan would be a huge upgrade at 1 Tech. I think he would cost too much however.

I think Stills is still a go route guy

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Ingram would be a great addition if we decide to go big in FA to address the pass rush. A guy SD may want to retain, but you never really know with them. Sportact has his market value at just north of 10 million. I think its actually higher than that

Dre Kirkpatrick would be a solid value signing if the Bengals dont retain him. Bloomed later in his rookie deal, but has really come on of late. The Bengals draft heavily at CB, so they may not want to pay him a veteran deal. He could look for a 1 or 2 year deal to bet on himself because the long term money may not be there for him in 2017. If this is the case, he could make for a strong addition

Kirkpatrick is a player on the rise IMO. Could be a nice get for the right price.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kirkpatrick is a player on the rise IMO. Could be a nice get for the right price.
It will be interesting to see what his value is. Some players like him get overvalued while others teams are leary of a commitment. He seems like a good candidate for a 1 year, but I could see a team throwing a 4 year contract at him. As long as the money isn't stupid, I wouldnt even mind a 4 year deal.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

I like Kirkpatrick too. Isn't made of glass like Mo either

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Kirkpatrick could be a decent signing, depending on the money. Cincy is likely to let him walk, considering they have Adam Jones for 2 more seasons, and former first round picks Darqueze Dennard and William Jackson III.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'd be thinking about picking up Cordelle Patterson for the right price.

He does everything Whitehead does except better and plays on coverage units.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd be thinking about picking up Cordelle Patterson for the right price.

He does everything Whitehead does except better and plays on coverage units.
Dallas seems to like take fliers on high draft picks with talent. Wouldnt be surprised to Patterson here.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I want to find a way to keep

QB Sanchez.....unfortunately he is a better option then the rest of the trash available
WR Butler.....I doubt he gets a big contract, so he should be quite affordable
WR Williams......he ticks me off, but he has great chemistry with Dak. Shouldn't be too expensive, unless some team gets stupid
OG Leary.....he will cost us, but IMO, he is well worth it
CB Claiborne......our D is so much better when he is in the game
SS Church.....like Mo, he makes our D so much better
FS Wilcox.....not just a big hitter, he has improved in both coverage and tackling
LB Durant.....maybe keep him, if the money is right, but if we let him walk, I won't lose any sleep

Let the rest of our FAs walk.

Now, depending on cap space, I would like to bring in at least one big name......DT Dontari Poe. Maybe we can make a run at DE Andre Branch of Miami. He has had a solid career so far, and shouldn't be too expensive. I would really like to get LB Jamie Collins from Cleveland, but he will land a huge pay day that will be too rich for our blood. The same can be said for Melvin Ingram.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want to find a way to keep

QB Sanchez.....unfortunately he is a better option then the rest of the trash available
WR Butler.....I doubt he gets a big contract, so he should be quite affordable
WR Williams......he ticks me off, but he has great chemistry with Dak. Shouldn't be too expensive, unless some team gets stupid
OG Leary.....he will cost us, but IMO, he is well worth it
CB Claiborne......our D is so much better when he is in the game
SS Church.....like Mo, he makes our D so much better
FS Wilcox.....not just a big hitter, he has improved in both coverage and tackling
LB Durant.....maybe keep him, if the money is right, but if we let him walk, I won't lose any sleep

Let the rest of our FAs walk.

Now, depending on cap space, I would like to bring in at least one big name......DT Dontari Poe. Maybe we can make a run at DE Andre Branch of Miami. He has had a solid career so far, and shouldn't be too expensive. I would really like to get LB Jamie Collins from Cleveland, but he will land a huge pay day that will be too rich for our blood. The same can be said for Melvin Ingram.
I think thats pretty much all our FAs

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I think thats pretty much all our FAs
no we have a list of about 15 or so...I want to keep 6, maybe 7.

I also want to rid ourselves of Free and Carr. Honestly, I wonder if we could get a late round pick for Free. I doubt it, but if we could swing a 7th, I would jump on it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Minus McClain and Irving, pretty much
Irving is an ERFA....He will be on the team.

the list shows both McClains, Crawford, McFadden, Dunbar, Gackbar (or however you spell his name), Escobar, a DB, and maybe a few others, along with the 7 or 8 that I wanted to keep.