News: 2018 Dallas Cowboys: Don’t give up on this team yet

CCBoy

Reaction score
2018 Dallas Cowboys: Don’t give up on this team yet
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/10/24/2018-dallas-cowboys-dont-give-up/

...Overall there is no reason to have a doom and gloom look on the rest of the Cowboys 2018 season. The NFC East looks to be completely up in the air, and if the Commanders lose this week Dallas will only be a game out of first place. Dallas has some winnable games down the stretch of their schedule and if they can make it out of the next five weeks with 3-4 wins they will be in great shape to be in the playoff hunt at years end...

...Now I’m not saying Prescott is a world beater or a top 10 NFL Quarterback at this point, but the way he has played the past two weeks can win you football games. If Dallas was able to get even an average rushing attack going on Sunday they probably walk away winning that game. Dak needs the parts around him to succeed, but if they can perform even close to the expectations we have for them the Cowboys can win football games.

Another reason to still have faith in Dallas this season is their defense. I will admit I for one had not been a true believer of the Cowboys defense this season. I kept waiting and waiting for them to come out and lay an egg … and it has never happened. This Dallas defense is the real deal, and right in front of our eyes is becoming one of the best in the NFL...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't see much changing 8 games into the season. They will fight and claw, but still see 6 wins max.

What is the point differential between the Cowboys and opponents for the past two games? Never mind...you just don't see.

Just had to be the first to toss a negative up front, and not even do a comparison beyond a personalized now, negative response. What, you didn't get enough of these in before the season started?

DBOY3141

Reaction score
What is the point differential between the Cowboys and opponents for the past two games? Never mind...you just don't see.

Just had to be the first to toss a negative up front, and not even do a comparison beyond a personalized now, negative response. What, you didn't get enough of these in before the season started?
Seen it to many times. They need to convince me. They haven't and I have no faith in JG/SL to change that. Odds are better of winning the lotto last night than those two clowns changing this team. Sorry you still drink the kool-aid, some of us have seen the light.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wont give up.

I also won't be dumb enough to get sucked in again as if they are about to go on this magical run either. I understand where they sit and the odds show they are on the wrong side of the playoff equation.

Take this week by week.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The Browns are always close to winning too.

All that matters is the result.

We have a rock solid foundation but our coach likes to be conservative and our QB plays not to lose so of course we will be mediocre.

Amari Cooper trade cemented our mediocrity and we needed to be bad instead of be middle of the road.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I'll always root for the Cowboys to win. But JG alone has cost us two wins by his in game decisions alone. Players have an uphill battle.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Browns are always close to winning too.

All that matters is the result.

We have a rock solid foundation but our coach likes to be conservative and our QB plays not to lose so of course we will be mediocre.

Amari Cooper trade cemented our mediocrity and we needed to be bad instead of be middle of the road.

The Cowboys are 3-4. Two of the losses have been by what, 3 points a game?

They well could have been 5-2 also.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys are 3-4. Two of the losses have been by what, 3 points a game?

They well could have been 5-2 also.

I understand but most NFL games are decided by 7 points or less.

Our losses are common in the NFL. You have to win those games.

All of these teams are so similar that you aren't seeing a lot of blowouts.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I figure the Commanders will lose to be 4-3, we beat them on US Thanksgiving and both are "4-4"

Eagles don't look all that good this year. We should split with them. So 5-5 for all three teams.

I picked 10-6 to start the season but now I figure 9-7 which might be enough to win the division.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

...Overall there is no reason to have a doom and gloom look on the rest of the Cowboys 2018 season. The NFC East looks to be completely up in the air, and if the Commanders lose this week Dallas will only be a game out of first place. Dallas has some winnable games down the stretch of their schedule and if they can make it out of the next five weeks with 3-4 wins they will be in great shape to be in the playoff hunt at years end...

...Now I’m not saying Prescott is a world beater or a top 10 NFL Quarterback at this point, but the way he has played the past two weeks can win you football games. If Dallas was able to get even an average rushing attack going on Sunday they probably walk away winning that game. Dak needs the parts around him to succeed, but if they can perform even close to the expectations we have for them the Cowboys can win football games.

Another reason to still have faith in Dallas this season is their defense. I will admit I for one had not been a true believer of the Cowboys defense this season. I kept waiting and waiting for them to come out and lay an egg … and it has never happened. This Dallas defense is the real deal, and right in front of our eyes is becoming one of the best in the NFL...

CCBOY and WavingMonkey the are Jerry Jones Cheerleaders lets give them a hand baby!!!!!

P.S. If you read of there of there post you swear the 90's are back baby....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Given up on this team.
I’ve given up on this franchise. Lol

I haven’t had much hope for years. Don’t need hope to follow the team.

Ask other fans around the league who follow their local dormant/ mediocre team. Half the league is full of Apathetic fans.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I still don't see this as a playoff team until the coaching and qb play improve the cowboys have talent at places really good talent they just don't have the coaches that are capable of putting them in position to win the close games and there qb play is not good at this point the jones are stubborn so they will continue down this path I guess

Diehardblues

Reaction score
CCBOY and WavingMonkey the are Jerry Jones Cheerleaders lets give them a hand baby!!!!!

P.S. If you read of there of there post you swear the 90's are back baby....
Right... it’s fans like that which keep the Jone$ gravy train rolling despite these horrific results this era.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I haven't, because whether I give up or not doesn't really matter.

Just like all the other fans, I'm just along for the ride. As soon as I scratch up the billions it'd take to buy out Jerry Jones, I will. After that point it'll matter a lot more.

Till then, no use worrying too much over things I can't change. I can complain, but I'll always be a Cowboys fan.

kramskoi

Reaction score

There's a difference between merely winning football games and competing for championships. This team can't beat the Rams or the Saints right now...even if they played both of them at home. They still have to reckon with Eagles. I think at the Eagles and home for the Saints are at least two more losses to come. They will probably slip against one or two more teams, leaving them at 9-7 or 8-8...depending on any key injuries the rest of the way. If you think a quarterback choking up two fumbles (one for seven points) is winning football, then I got a bridge to sell you in New Jersey.

MyFairLady

Reaction score