2018 Draft Chatter

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I thought Gurley was the best RB prospect from the last 3 years but it's looking like Barkley now!

cowboyec

Reaction score
It screams utter lazy entitled attitude to me....
he had a horrendous combine.
but he didnt miss a game the last 3 seasons and was voted Big XII Off Lineman of the Year the last 2 seasons....its not like the kid is chump change.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
so it'll be either the most attended pro day or the most ignored...wow.

Has to be a big red flag, unless he's got a medical excuse. This was the biggest interview of his life. That he failed to prepare himself to do his best is mind boggling.

jay94

Reaction score
14 bench press and he's what 345, he obviously has one of the worst work ethics ever.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Brown looked as if he needed a training bra because his moobs were all over the place. Must be allergic to the weight room.

Reactions: BAT

jay94

Reaction score
Yes, it should literally take a few months to be able to lift that many times at that size.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Saquon Barkley just doing Saquon Barkley stuff. 4.40 40, 41" vertical, benched his body weight 28 times. He said he's not going to do the 3 cone, but he'll do the 20 yard shuttle, and it's going to be freaky.

Remember starting a thread a few weeks ago about the Browns using the first pick on a non-quarterback position. The thinking was, take the best non-player off the table and get your quarterback 2 picks later at 4. Many disagreed but I still think its smart. Other words, take Barkley or Chubb with the 1st and you still have a choice of at least 3 of top QBs at 4th ( maybe 4 if Giants pass on one ).

cowboyec

Reaction score
Has to be a big red flag, unless he's got a medical excuse. This was the biggest interview of his life. That he failed to prepare himself to do his best is mind boggling.
far as I know there isnt a medical issue.
no off field issues either.
3yr starter never missed a game.
3yrs all-big XII...2x off lineman of the year.

very disappointing no doubt.
but the saving grace for him is his gametape and 3yr history at Ou.
Id still draft him over connor williams.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
he had a horrendous combine.
but he didnt miss a game the last 3 seasons and was voted Big XII Off Lineman of the Year the last 2 seasons....its not like the kid is chump change.

Also according to Mayfield, never gave up a sack......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

How can he prepare himself is less than two months, outside of the what he's been doing the last three years? Remember, as a poster just posted, his game tapes/production is impressive. My point is it's highly unlikely he could much to change any his combine numbers in less than two months.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Maybe he is just a fat lazy kid that has coasted for a while.

His father played in the league and was not exactly a sharp tool either.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Maybe. If he's not athletic and/or strong, how's he gonna do against dlinemen that are?
Wait until he has an OL coach riding him. He did not exactly respond all that well when getting yelled at in drills today either.

jay94

Reaction score
How can he prepare himself is less than two months, outside of the what he's been doing the last three years? Remember, as a poster just posted, his game tapes/production is impressive. My point is it's highly unlikely he could much to change any his combine numbers in less than two months.

A guy that size, could easily improve his bench reps by 6+ in 2 months, but yea in terms of speed, no.