2018 Draft Chatter

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I feel pretty good about our current crop of cornerbacks. We should also get Duke Thomas back this year as he played well prior to injury.

Could still see us drafting one, but maybe not until day 3. Depends if they move Jones to CB as well.

Avery

Reaction score
I think the shocker of this draft may just be CLE bypassing a QB both at 1 and 4 if they sign McCarron. They may not be so ready just to declare Kizer dead.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I feel pretty good about our current crop of cornerbacks. We should also get Duke Thomas back this year as he played well prior to injury.

Could still see us drafting one, but maybe not until day 3. Depends if they move Jones to CB as well.

I love drafting CBs late. One of the highest hit positions in the later rounds, and can become elite.
Ex. Norman, Sherman, Chris Harris, Bouye, Malcolm Butler, Ken Crawley, EJ Gaines etc.

This is likely due to how hard it is to scout CBs amongst difference schemes.

Im looking at Levi Wallace for now

Avery

Reaction score
I love drafting CBs late. One of the highest hit positions in the later rounds, and can become elite.
Ex. Norman, Sherman, Chris Harris, Bouye, Malcolm Butler, Ken Crawley, EJ Gaines etc.

This is likely due to how hard it is to scout CBs amongst difference schemes.

Im looking at Levi Wallace for now

Yeah, definitely a difficult position to scout. Looking back the past few years, it's extremely hit or miss to draft one in the top ten.

2017 - N/A
2016 - Jalen Ramsey (stud), Eli Apple (maligned)
2015 - N/A
2014 - Justin Gilbert (megabust)
2013 - Dee Milliner (megabust)
2012 - Morris Claiborne (disappointment), Stephen Gilmore (pretty solid)
2011 - Patrick Peterson (stud)
2010 - Joe Haden (was very good, derailed by injuries)

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That's surprising - he doesn't play anywhere near that fast.
He was one of the top sprinters in the country in high school.

His play was mostly limited due to much better football players ahead of him on the Alabama depth chart. He showed speed on special teams.

Plankton

Reaction score
He was one of the top sprinters in the country in high school.

His play was mostly limited due to much better football players ahead of him on the Alabama depth chart. He showed speed on special teams.

I saw guys run by him on a number of occasions who shouldn't have dusted him that badly. Brown doesn't play like a 4.3 guy - more like a mid-4.5 guy.

Tristan

Reaction score
This year's corner crop is inferior to last year's IMO. We picked the right time to go after them.
I think it was the best DB class Ive seen, from the top end guys that proved worth a first like Lattimore and White and Adams and Hooker at s to all the guys that slid a round or two that actually could be just as good like Awuzie, Lewis, Jones, Jackson and King to name a few.

Wish we could have a wr draft like that where oprahs passing em out to erryone

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listen, I don't want coverage of the DBs working out. What I really want is more of this run Rich run nonsense.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I saw guys run by him on a number of occasions who shouldn't have dusted him that badly. Brown doesn't play like a 4.3 guy - more like a mid-4.5 guy.
I just don't agree. He's always shown me he's fast. His issue has been technique.

Avery

Reaction score
Listen, I don't want coverage of the DBs working out. What I really want is more of this run Rich run nonsense.

I must admit that if he tore his ACL, I would probably snicker accordingly.

Tristan

Reaction score
If they could just add that indian guy in a suit rapping for nba comercials on espn to these commercials my misery would be complete