****2018 Mel Kiper Jr. Invitational Grades****

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
OK, Dallas didn't fare well in this according to the participants...

Was it due to the player picked in round 1 or because it was a DE picked in round 1?
It was the whole draft for me. I could have gotten over the Davenport thing but then it kept snowballing.

I may be a different from other people, but I don't find Kyzir White especially intriguing as a 3rd round pick. Trenton Thompson is more of what we already have. I like Anthony Miller, just not sure he was the best value pick there.

Alexander

Reaction score
Cop out decision making. It was by far their highest priority.
I don't agree. It is silly to expect that the real draft will roll out this way due to free agency impact.

I did not hold a team not picking for need against them.

Alexander

Reaction score
I have to thank @Reality @BrAinPaiNt and @MichaelWinicki for their help in doing this.

I'd congratulate the winner but bleep that.

Champ two out of the last three years.

4CzJquJ.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
As always, and as Risen already pointed out pre-grading, we won't really know how drafted for a year or three.

I can recall some people pounding the Cowboys for passing on Manziel, for example.

Alexander

Reaction score
As always, and as Risen already pointed out pre-grading, we won't really know how drafted for a year or three.

I can recall some people pounding the Cowboys for passing on Manziel, for example.
Part of the handicap, or fun, depending how you look at it, it that we do it before the Combine and free agency.

I can only imagine doing it after the Combine.

People would be drafting to workouts and hype. Shaquem Griffin would go to the Cowboys at 19 and get an A grade.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, Dallas didn't fare well in this according to the participants...

Was it due to the player picked in round 1 or because it was a DE picked in round 1?

People are always harsher on the Cowboys because they're invested in it. I don't think taking another DE was popular.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You were one point behind. One point. I went back and contacted some GMs to try to finagle a couple more points for you but no dice.

cowboyec

Reaction score
It was the whole draft for me. I could have gotten over the Davenport thing but then it kept snowballing.

I may be a different from other people, but I don't find Kyzir White especially intriguing as a 3rd round pick. Trenton Thompson is more of what we already have. I like Anthony Miller, just not sure he was the best value pick there.
I loved Davenport...but my problem was no OG.I didnt mind Trenton Thompson...I think I'd gone for a OG in the 2nd.

Pape

Reaction score
I don't agree. It is silly to expect that the real draft will roll out this way due to free agency impact.

I did not hold a team not picking for need against them.

Sure its silly. If I knew now what I knew then, I would have focused a higher pick on offensive tackle. But still, silliness aside, come on man, you cant look at denver and not think that they dont need a qb... It would be different after 3/14 and we see denver signing a quality veteran but its not.

Its just my opinion man... drafting for need vs want. There are teams with glaring needs heading into this draft. Denver is one of them. I see Denver as desperately needing a quarterback. They already have a pretty decent d-line, so while Chubb is a good pick, it did not fulfill their biggest need.

But as I said, its only my opinion.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People are always harsher on the Cowboys because they're invested in it. I don't think taking another DE was popular.

When I saw it I thought "Hmm another DE."

But if he was the highest rated guy and represented a solid value... why not?

I just don't know if he represents that good value.

Alexander

Reaction score
When I saw it I thought "Hmm another DE."

But if he was the highest rated guy and represented a solid value... why not?

I just don't know if he represents that good value.
I think when it is said and done, Davenport might go before #19 and then the GM may feel some vindication.

All in all, I would never ever want the Cowboys in one of these if I were interested in winning it.

Just like real life, you will never get picks that please everybody.

Plankton

Reaction score
Thanks again for running this, RS. It was fun as always. Congrats to Alex - he had a lot to work with in terms of picks, but he made some good selections and an excellent trade.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How the combine might have impacted my class....

3) New York Jets (Risen Star)

1(10) Tremaine Edmunds OLB Virginia Tech - Solidified himself as a top 10 pick.

2(37) James Daniels C Iowa - Should go higher. Probably in the 20s.

2(55) Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech - Horrible combine. Probably looking at early day 3 from some team willing to gamble.

3(72) M.J. Stewart CB North Carolina - Figures right about here.

3(75) Jordan Lasley WR UCLA - Didn't workout like advertised. Wasn't bad but more than likely a 4th rounder with the baggage.

3(88) Rashaad Penny RB San Diego St. - Hard to say. Mixed bag at the combine. Late 2nd/early 3rd would be my guess.