2019 and Beyond

LovinItAll

Reaction score
After an impressive 2018 campaign in which experts expected the Cowboys to win just 8 games, our team acquitted itself well: After making the playoffs yet again in a division which also fielded the SB champs, and the third time in five years, the Cowboys also won a playoff game and came within a single score of tying a rested and healthy Rams team. Our injury report for the Rams game was deep, and though the Rams running game rolled over our defense, we were still in the game until Goff ran on 3rd and 6 with 2 minutes left.

During hte 2nd hapf of the season after a shaky start, Dak Prescott showed why he'll be the face of our franchise for years to come. Rookie Michael Gallup and former 1st round pick Amari Cooper provide Prescott with viable deep threats and reliable targets for moving the chains. Our TE position players continue to improve and look to become impact players in 2019. Additionally, our offensive line - when healthy - remains a strong group that can continue to provide Elliott with the lanes he needs to again compete for a rushing title.

On the defensive side of the ball, LVE and Jaylon Smith make up the strongest LB duo in the NFL. Lawrence and Gregory provide speed and tenacity off the ends, though our interior line needs shoring up. The CB and Safety positions, while not 'elite', continue to improve and should provide the needed skill to fend off pass happy offenses next year.

I predict the over/under in 2019 to again be 8 games, and I expect we will outperform the spread, ending with an 11-5 season and yet another trip to the playoffs. Unfortunately, I don't think that will be enough to secure one of the coveted top two seeds, so we'll need outstanding play in the playoffs to overcome the trend of top 2 seeds advancing to the NFC Championship game.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
with garrett you predict 8 and 8 and they will either be couple games over or couples games under just like they are now a middle of the road average team who might get into the playoffs and may win a wildcard game but are not contenders for the superbowl that's Jason and jerries cowboys

conner01

Reaction score
There are many things to be excited about with this team
But to get to the next level we need a home run draft and we need some guys to take the next step in their development

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Why was General Lee in the game against the Rams?

The roster is pretty good, but the coaches stink.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
with garrett you predict 8 and 8 and they will either be couple games over or couples games under just like they are now a middle of the road average team who might get into the playoffs and may win a wildcard game but are not contenders for the superbowl that's Jason and jerries cowboys

Actually Garrett's worse season was 4-12 with all the injuries and Romo being the main injury. He had three 8-8, and over .500 all the others. Even 5-3 after he took over for Wade.

And NO I am not defending Garrett. I still prefer an overhaul on the O side of the ball. Or the very least a new OC.
And agree, an average team at best come playoff or must win games.

Those three 8-8 seasons, win and in, came down to Tony, twice throwing late game picks, and Orton in the other one.
That could have been 3 more playoff making seasons. As well as Linehan screwing the pooch in the 2017 Seattle game that could have gotten us in.
However decisions in other games that were winnable hurt as well, then those last games may not have mattered. Which is why this is not meant to defend him. But to offer a different perspective.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are many things to be excited about with this team
But to get to the next level we need a home run draft and we need some guys to take the next step in their development

FA and Draft.
S and DT for sure. Draft a DT, and draft a S as well as sigh a S in as a FA.
OL depth to develop, and a TE if they are for sure the BPA, no reaching.

Sign most of our own FA's too, and keep the continuity.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sea game highlighted this team’s upside and the rams game showed its downside.

This team is young, talented, tough and capable. What they aren’t is a team being coached by people who can innovate. And the problem with that is the teams winning in the playoffs in the NFL today are coached by innovative and creative minds that can maximize their talent.

Whatever we think of Garrett, innovative and creative are not terms I associate with him. IMO, winning a division and a wild card game is the ceiling for a Garrett coached team. We have 8 years of evidence to support that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After an impressive 2018 campaign in which experts expected the Cowboys to win just 8 games, our team acquitted itself well: After making the playoffs yet again in a division which also fielded the SB champs, and the third time in five years, the Cowboys also won a playoff game and came within a single score of tying a rested and healthy Rams team. Our injury report for the Rams game was deep, and though the Rams running game rolled over our defense, we were still in the game until Goff ran on 3rd and 6 with 2 minutes left.

During hte 2nd hapf of the season after a shaky start, Dak Prescott showed why he'll be the face of our franchise for years to come. Rookie Michael Gallup and former 1st round pick Amari Cooper provide Prescott with viable deep threats and reliable targets for moving the chains. Our TE position players continue to improve and look to become impact players in 2019. Additionally, our offensive line - when healthy - remains a strong group that can continue to provide Elliott with the lanes he needs to again compete for a rushing title.

On the defensive side of the ball, LVE and Jaylon Smith make up the strongest LB duo in the NFL. Lawrence and Gregory provide speed and tenacity off the ends, though our interior line needs shoring up. The CB and Safety positions, while not 'elite', continue to improve and should provide the needed skill to fend off pass happy offenses next year.

I predict the over/under in 2019 to again be 8 games, and I expect we will outperform the spread, ending with an 11-5 season and yet another trip to the playoffs. Unfortunately, I don't think that will be enough to secure one of the coveted top two seeds, so we'll need outstanding play in the playoffs to overcome the trend of top 2 seeds advancing to the NFC Championship game.

NFC East will be better next year. Cowboys kinda lucked out with injuries to both Commanders and Eagles QB's. Giants are only getting better.

THAT being said I expect he Cowboys to be better next season. Dak continues to blossom and I cant see any way the line plays as poorly as it did THIS year. Even with a banged up Oline Dak lead us to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

First place schedule will hurt some.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

1. I didn't predict an 8-8 season, not did I predict a couple of games over or under.
2. I predicted 11-5. That's neither middle of the road nor average.
3. I didn't say we wouldn't compete for a SB.
4. I DID say 11-5 wouldn't get a bye. 11-5 is a good record in the NFL.