2019 Draft

Sully

Reaction score
Cooper was Dallas 1st rd pick so Day ONE will be a yawner for DaBoys

So what does Dallas do afterwards?

I hope the Cowboys sign Earl Thomas, but don't overpay for the veteran. Thomas wants to be a Cowboy and he can really lend major leadership in the secondary. Can teach the young guys what it is to be a winner and change the CULTURE.

What happens with Travis Fredericks recovery is important. If he can return, then the OL is improved.
Maybe a draft pick is used at the LT position to get someone who could fill-in for T Smith

Cowboys fans know that the TE is WEAK. Does Dallas know how to use a TE? I say yes because Witten is a HOF, so the team might need to address this? Free agent maybe better but the draft is deep with TEs.

Solid DT is a big need and a QB but rather have a veteran one that can help develop Dak

J12B

Reaction score
Just for fun, let's say Dallas does win the East and are eliminated in the playoffs after a Wild Card win. They make the following moves: signs Earl Thomas in the off season, re sign Lawrence, Beasley and Irving (1 year prove it deal). They release Sean Lee, Allen Hurns, and Terrance Williams. Let Rod Smith walk in free agency.

What position does Dallas select with their first pick in the 2019 draft?

I'm leaning towards the best player available that is not a OL. I wouldnt mind any position (except punter or kicker) taken at #2. Even a top RB to backup Zeke and we might have a similar 1-2 punch like the Saints do.

And the reason for this is to gauge the current needs of this team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on FA. The Cowboys have a little cash to spend. That will change the draft strategy.

Zordon

Reaction score
Southlake, Texas' own Lil' Jordan Humphrey

1033976428_28632427-e1541706787880.jpg

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/Missouri_logo.gif
Albert Okwuegbunam**, TE, Missouri
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2019): 1-2.
11/3/18: Okwuegbunam is one of the most dangerous mismatch weapons in college football even though Missouri does not always utilize him. When the Tigers do use him, he produces big plays for them via his speed to get down the seam and his size to wall off defenders or make catches over them when they are able to keep him from getting separation. Okwuegbunam showed his special talent against Memphis when he caught six passes for 159 yards and three touchdowns. This season, he has 39 receptions for 420 yards with five touchdowns. Okwuegbunam could be the first tight end selected if he enters the 2019 NFL Draft.

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Okwuegbunam checks in at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in a quick 4.70 seconds. His arms measure at 33.63 inches, his hands at 10 inches, and his wingspan at 80.75 inches.

Okwuegbunam was a dangerous red-zone weapon last season, hauling in 11 touchdowns from Drew Lock. Missouri opened up its offense with Lock in the back half of the 2017 season, using Okwuegbunam as one of is steady receiving threats. The redshirt freshman, hauled in 29 receptions for 415 yards on the year. Okwuegbunam could develop into a player with three-down starter consideration. Sources say that Okwuegbunam is impressive as he is big, athletic, runs fast, and catches the hell out of the ball. Scouts say that they've heard Okwuegbunam runs in the 4.5s and not the 4.70 that was listed on the teams' watch list.

seamus18

Reaction score
http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/Missouri_logo.gif
Albert Okwuegbunam**, TE, Missouri
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2019): 1-2.
11/3/18: Okwuegbunam is one of the most dangerous mismatch weapons in college football even though Missouri does not always utilize him. When the Tigers do use him, he produces big plays for them via his speed to get down the seam and his size to wall off defenders or make catches over them when they are able to keep him from getting separation. Okwuegbunam showed his special talent against Memphis when he caught six passes for 159 yards and three touchdowns. This season, he has 39 receptions for 420 yards with five touchdowns. Okwuegbunam could be the first tight end selected if he enters the 2019 NFL Draft.

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Okwuegbunam checks in at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in a quick 4.70 seconds. His arms measure at 33.63 inches, his hands at 10 inches, and his wingspan at 80.75 inches.

Okwuegbunam was a dangerous red-zone weapon last season, hauling in 11 touchdowns from Drew Lock. Missouri opened up its offense with Lock in the back half of the 2017 season, using Okwuegbunam as one of is steady receiving threats. The redshirt freshman, hauled in 29 receptions for 415 yards on the year. Okwuegbunam could develop into a player with three-down starter consideration. Sources say that Okwuegbunam is impressive as he is big, athletic, runs fast, and catches the hell out of the ball. Scouts say that they've heard Okwuegbunam runs in the 4.5s and not the 4.70 that was listed on the teams' watch list.
Sorry, but I don’t wanna have to yell that name out after every damn catch and touchdown. Just imagine what the jersey will look like. :laugh:

J12B

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don’t wanna have to yell that name out after every damn catch and touchdown. Just imagine what the jersey will look like. :laugh:

I'm still learning Chidobe Awuzie and even LVE is difficult lol

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I do imagine that jersey as he is spiking the football after a TD. Or the replay seeing the DB chasing him to the end zone.

Johnny23

Reaction score
True enough he would be a steal in the second. Love that he's always around the ball.