2019 NFL Draft Chatter

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Not much of a stretch here.

I believe Seattle has traded down in four of the last six drafts or something crazy like that.

Plus they need picks badly.

I also think they could trade Wilson to the Giants if Haskins is on the board @ 1/6....plus the Giants other #1...and maybe more. That's the rumor floating around. Has for a few months now. RW's wife wants to move to NY....be on Broadway.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I also think they could trade Wilson to the Giants if Haskins is on the board @ 1/6....plus the Giants other #1...and maybe more. That's the rumor floating around. Has for a few months now. RW's wife wants to move to NY....be on Broadway.
I guess not anymore.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
RW's wife wants to move to NY....be on Broadway.

Even if that is true, are we suggesting they don’t make enough to have a place in NY? Are you unaware that she has made enough that she could purchase a place in NY if he wanted to be tight with money?

Alexander

Reaction score

This is intriguing to me.

Clark is a fine pass rusher, no doubt. He is better right now than any other pass rusher that a team could draft. The only issue is economics. He would cost too much.

I wonder if the Seahawks are asking for a 1 and would then negotiate down to like a 2.

Once you start publicly peddling a guy, feelings get hurt.

Should be interesting how it plays out.

Bigdog

Reaction score

This is intriguing to me.

Clark is a fine pass rusher, no doubt. He is better right now than any other pass rusher that a team could draft. The only issue is economics. He would cost too much.

I wonder if the Seahawks are asking for a 1 and would then negotiate down to like a 2.

Once you start publicly peddling a guy, feelings get hurt.

Should be interesting how it plays out.

Feelings also get hurt when teams start to have interest in certain players in FA aka Earl Thomas. It’s business. They need to get over it.

Alexander

Reaction score
Bob McGinn used to write for the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and had one of the better lead ups to the draft for years.

A few drafts ago, he went private and went behind a pay wall.

It is good stuff, but he is way too proud of it. Not going to pay $20.

At any rate, some of the "anonymous scout" quotes are posted on Twitter. Still fun to read.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Bob McGinn used to write for the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and had one of the better lead ups to the draft for years.

A few drafts ago, he went private and went behind a pay wall.

It is good stuff, but he is way too proud of it. Not going to pay $20.

At any rate, some of the "anonymous scout" quotes are posted on Twitter. Still fun to read.

McGinn sounds like a jackarse.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I can't say I disagree with any of those @Alexander but the two TE's at the end is news. San Jose State has to do better than that. My daughter played basketball in a similar/comparable conference and they had a training table. Embarrassing if true.

San Diego State TE sounds flakey. Hadn't heard that but mostly only heard about his on-field potential.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I can't say I disagree with any of those @Alexander but the two TE's at the end is news. San Jose State has to do better than that. My daughter played basketball in a similar/comparable conference and they had a training table. Embarrassing if true.

San Diego State TE sounds flakey. Hadn't heard that but mostly only heard about his on-field potential.

I think this guy (McGinn) s full of crap.

I used to work as a media relations intern in the sports department at SJSU during my undergrad back in 2007. They had training facilities; point blank. Were they up to par with schools like Ohio State or Nebraska? Of course not.

SJSU also has a well-regard Kinesiology program that works with the various athletic programs. To say they didn’t have a training table is absurd.

They also just upgraded their facilities recently.

https://sjsuspartans.com/sports/2018/8/3/genrel-031601aaa-html.aspx

Alexander

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, @Alexander. I recognize these remarks are most likely extracts from a larger commentary. Nonetheless, I can't get over the overwhelmingly negative character comments. It is almost like the writer is sewing disinformation.
And that is entirely possible. Thing is though, it is not like McGinn's audience is nearly as big now than what it was when he was a beat writer.

Alexander

Reaction score

Now this I believe is a bunch of teams throwing out alarms hoping he slips. If there was really something wrong medically with him, he would never have been allowed to work out at the Combine. This is not the same as Hurst last year. They yanked him out of the drills.