2019 Safety Class

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Fun video of Abram vs Iowa, going up on a lot of snaps against TJ Hockenson. Hockenson beats him on a few reps, but Abram got some wins on him too. Considering that Hock is 100% NFL starter material and a likely top 15 draft pick, I thought this was some pretty impressive stuff.

He does get punked by #84 twice though. 1:58 is just a horrible blown coverage on play action, no way to sugar coat it, and 5:26 is a wicked hook by the WR to take him out of the play and secure the Iowa TD.

Check out the play right after that, though. 5:36, just throwing Hock to the ground. Good stuff.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This safety class is a fun group. No one elite, but I think we’ll see 10 kids or so taken in the 1st 3 rounds.

IMO, we really need to take advantage of the class and grab someone with one of our first 2 picks.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fun video of Abram vs Iowa, going up on a lot of snaps against TJ Hockenson. Hockenson beats him on a few reps, but Abram got some wins on him too. Considering that Hock is 100% NFL starter material and a likely top 15 draft pick, I thought this was some pretty impressive stuff.

He does get punked by #84 twice though. 1:58 is just a horrible blown coverage on play action, no way to sugar coat it, and 5:26 is a wicked hook by the WR to take him out of the play and secure the Iowa TD.

Check out the play right after that, though. 5:36, just throwing Hock to the ground. Good stuff.

He should be a very good SS.

He is the type of player I would want to meet with to get a sense for his game knowledge because his ability to understand complex schemes and his overall instincts are the primary question mark. Physically he seems like a perfect fit at SS; although he does have limited length.

His SS only project should keep him from getting drafted too early.