5 Irv Smith Jr. Alabama Junior 6-3 243 SEC
6 Jace Sternberger Texas A&M Junior 6-4 250 SEC
7 T.J. Hockenson Iowa RS Sophomore 6-5 243 Big Ten
8 Caleb Wilson UCLA RS Junior 6-5 235 Pac-12
9 Zach Gentry Michigan Senior 6-7 248 Big Ten
10 Isaac Nauta Georgia Junior 6-4 246 SEC
11 Mitchell Wilcox South Florida RS Junior 6-3 248 AAC
12 Alize Mack Notre Dame RS Junior 6-4 251 IND
Whoever the best TE won't matter. our staff will go after the strongest blocker with minimal receiving skills. They will never draft a receiving TE faster than 4.7.

KingRah

Reaction score
If Garrett decides not to use them, te is a wasted pik
Fasano, Marctellus, Escobar, Hanna, and I'll throw Rico in also
All had their weakness and strengths....but once Garrett decides the guy is a non-persona its over
He only likes Witten clones. He doesn't value explosive receiving skills. Think about it. If we drafted Kelce, he would've stayed on the bench for 3 years then left in free agency.

KingRah

Reaction score
Appears to be a pretty solid class to grab a TE.

I wouldn’t pick one early, but imagine you could get a solid option in the 4th/5th to develop.
We already used a 4th on. a TE that barely plays. we spent years striking on on pass rushers. Now were set. It's time to throw the same picks at TE until we find a pro bowler.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going to throw a name out there that should be available to us in the later rounds unless his stock starts to rise. And of course I am a homer so take that into account.

WVU TE Trevon Wesco.

WVU has not bothered to use many TEs over the years but they threw a few (and I mean a few) throws to the TE this year and for the most part when they did it was for a decent gain or in a spot where we needed to first.

Trevon Wesco is a big man. A very good blocking TE who can get open and catch but will probably not be seen as a huge pass catching threat. However I think he could be developed into a good to great blocking TE for a team.

He is currently 6'4 and about 270-275 pounds and looks to have the build to gain more if need be but in no way does he look fat our out of shape. I think when he started there he came in at 250 pounds

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Going to throw a name out there that should be available to us in the later rounds unless his stock starts to rise. And of course I am a homer so take that into account.

WVU TE Trevon Wesco.

WVU has not bothered to use many TEs over the years but they threw a few (and I mean a few) throws to the TE this year and for the most part when they did it was for a decent gain or in a spot where we needed to first.

Trevon Wesco is a big man. A very good blocking TE who can get open and catch but will probably not be seen as a huge pass catching threat. However I think he could be developed into a good to great blocking TE for a team.

He is currently 6'4 and about 270-275 pounds and looks to have the build to gain more if need be but in no way does he look fat our out of shape. I think when he started there he came in at 250 pounds
Another product of the Lackawanna (junior college) to West Virginia pipeline.

He seems like the kind of player who may make the transition to OL like a Jason Peters (TE at Arkansas), Crockett Gilmore(drafted as TE out of Colorado State), Alejandro Villanueva (WR at Army), and Lane Johnson (TE at Oklahoma).

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'd only look at Y tight ends to be honest. We don't seem to use those glorified slot WR type tight ends in our offense - Witten was used that way at the very end of his career, but we've never used any other player like that, and the last receiving TE we drafted in the 2nd blew up in our faces.

Under McClay, I'd bet if we're taking a TE at all, it's going to be an in-line guy.

The Realist

Reaction score
A few years ago I was told how great the TE class was on the site because puffed up WR’s like Jordan Leggett and Bucky Hodge were in the draft. Between the 2 of them they have 11 catches in the NFL. For the life of me I can’t figure out why anyone who knows anything about football would want to draft a one dimensional TE who can’t pass or run block. We tried that with the SFSU bust TE who was benched in school because of his blocking.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I am not sold one tight ends. I know Cleveland has been bad but njoku was supposed to be the next greatest thing and he only has 7 career td's in 2 years. Howard on Tampa the same thing and he only has 5

5 this season...in like 10 games. 11 career TDs over 24 games

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Another product of the Lackawanna (junior college) to West Virginia pipeline.

He seems like the kind of player who may make the transition to OL like a Jason Peters (TE at Arkansas), Crockett Gilmore(drafted as TE out of Colorado State), Alejandro Villanueva (WR at Army), and Lane Johnson (TE at Oklahoma).

Well, we could use another OT as Collins should be playing LG, and goodness knows about Tyron's health.

KingRah

Reaction score
No, we’ll just draft a TE who does all the things that TE’s are required to do vs what Madden fans think they should do.
It’s ok for your mom to like madden. Don’t judge her.
I’ll take a great receiving t e who’s a solid blocker.

KingRah

Reaction score
My mom died from cancer. Mom jokes are hilarious.
If you insult me, I’ll respond accordingly.

The madden fan thing was a passive aggressive attempt at an insult. Keep it football and I’ll do the same.

dallas72

Reaction score
Well if Witten didnt kinda screw us by announcing his retirement 2 days before the draft ..maybe we could of drafted a TE ...like Dallas Goedart

KingRah

Reaction score
Well if Witten didnt kinda screw us by announcing his retirement 2 days before the draft ..maybe we could of drafted a TE ...like Dallas Goedart
Or..... if he would’ve waited a extra week to retire, the eagles wouldn’t know we needed a t e. He could’ve told them then waited a few days.

BoysWin

Reaction score
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/06/28/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-database/5/

Rank Name College Year Height Weight Conference

1 Noah Fant Iowa Junior 6-4 232 Big Ten
2 Dawson Knox Mississippi Junior 6-4 250 SEC
3 Kaden Smith Stanford Junior 6-5 253 Pac-12
4 Albert Okwuegbunam Missouri RS Sophomore 6-5 260 SEC
5 Irv Smith Jr. Alabama Junior 6-3 243 SEC
6 Jace Sternberger Texas A&M Junior 6-4 250 SEC
7 T.J. Hockenson Iowa RS Sophomore 6-5 243 Big Ten
8 Caleb Wilson UCLA RS Junior 6-5 235 Pac-12
9 Zach Gentry Michigan Senior 6-7 248 Big Ten
10 Isaac Nauta Georgia Junior 6-4 246 SEC
11 Mitchell Wilcox South Florida RS Junior 6-3 248 AAC
12 Alize Mack Notre Dame RS Junior 6-4 251 IND

FANT is fast. Hockenson is Wittenesque. Draft IOWA TE’s!!!!