2021 Comp Pick Prediction Tracker

ksg811

Reaction score
The Cowboys have additionally lost Jason Witten, Jeff Heath, and Maliek Collins.

Cowboys Comp pick Formula

Gained:

The Cowboys have not yet signed any compensatory Free agents

Lost:

Byron Jones - $16.5m AAV - 3rd round
Robert Quinn - $14m AAV - 4th round
Randall Cobb - $9m AAV - 5th round
Maliek Collins - I think he comes in around $7-8m AAV - 5th round
Jason Witten - $4.75m AAV - 6th round
Jeff Heath - ~$4m AAV - 6th round

That's now six lost to none gained. There is a max of 4 per team. Stop worrying about CFA status and go sign some good players! They have picks to offset.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
With Flemming option declined there is a force comming. Something will come soon my friends

I agree. They had tons of cap space but still freed up more. I think they are going to go get some guys shortly or already have and will be making some announcements very shortly.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Is the rule in the new CBA that signing a new player offsets the players you lose? I would assume it is and Dallas signs a DT that offsets the pick for Randall Cobb.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't that always been the case?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This makes me fear this front office will be in “protect the comp picks” mode going forward.

stinkface

Reaction score
Looking at who we lost and what they are signing for, I gotta think we should have a good many fairly high comp picks next spring unless Jerry suddenly opens up the wallet.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
In order to get these comp picks, they'd almost have to sit out free agency in any meaningful way. The only high-priced players they could acquire are from cuts or trades. Personally, I think that's a pretty interesting strategy, but we'll see if the Bubbas actually follow it.

Don't worry, we will be sitting out for sure with 2 3rd rounders.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Hi all,

Though comp picks are still in motion and will continue to be until next year, here's where are our current FA's are sitting for compensation courtesy of OTC:

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Byron Jones - 3rd rounder
Robert Quinn - 3rd rounder
Randall Cobb - 4th rounder

You need to double check or get some glasses. Cobb is projected as a 5th rounder not 4th rounder and like you said right now it's just guesstimations because nothing can and will be decided until the free agent signings are done.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
You need to double check or get some glasses. Cobb is projected as a 5th rounder not 4th rounder and like you said right now it's just guesstimations because nothing can and will be decided until the free agent signings are done.
Over the cap changed the comp pick after new signings knocked it down.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Over the cap changed the comp pick after new signings knocked it down.

The players who's projected round that are below Cobb's would have zero to do with Cobb's ranking. If they did then both Jones and Quinn's should have dropped too.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The players who's projected round that are below Cobb's would have zero to do with Cobb's ranking. If they did then both Jones and Quinn's should have dropped too.
Yes it does. It didn't affect the others because they didn't drop as much since they are so high.

Before

Dallas Cowboys
Compensatory Free Agents Lost: 3
Compensatory Free Agents Gained: 0
Name
Rd. APY Rank Name Rd. APY Rank
Byron Jones 3 $16,500,000 43
Robert Quinn 3 $14,000,000 95
Randall Cobb 4 $9,000,000 202

After

Dallas Cowboys
Compensatory Free Agents Lost: 6