2022-2023 Premier League Season

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Premier League should have a salary cap if you ask me I am too tired of seeing smaller teams have limited chance advancing
So, you had NewCastle finishing top 4? The team with the highest payroll just missed relegation. So, its not all about the money. The salary cap sucks. Fans hate it b/c it erodes the quality of the game. Just look at the NFL. The Cheifs and Eagles would get spanked by the 90's Cowboys or Niners. I'd rather see teams rise and fall on their own ability to draft and develop talent. The NFL was better in the 80's and 90's before the cap.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Manchester City are PL Champions. Also West Ham United and Newcastle are safe from relegation. Southampton are relegated. The remaining. Teams in danger are Leicester City, Leeds, and Everton.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I miss Roman man. Americans are such bad EPL owners.

For Chelsea, yes, but I'm curious to see how it works for Bournemouth. I suppose (ironically cuz I like the Golden Knights hockey team) the lucky thing for us is that we are owned by the chaps who own the Vegas Golden Knights. So, at least there may be some crossover that helps with us.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
For Chelsea, yes, but I'm curious to see how it works for Bournemouth. I suppose (ironically cuz I like the Golden Knights hockey team) the lucky thing for us is that we are owned by the chaps who own the Vegas Golden Knights. So, at least there may be some crossover that helps with us.
Yanks killed Man U and it is tough to say it is all TB's fault but Chelsea have been utterly rudderless.
The freeze of Chelsea assets and window ban obviously hurt but the rebound to buying very player that was for sale was just madness.
The player values have dropped like lead balloons because they never found any system or consistent side.

You'd like to shuffle off many of them but it is for MAJOR losses.
Was my worst season as a Chelsea fan.
Just brutally ugly football.

Going to be a heck of a rebuild job now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yanks killed Man U and it is tough to say it is all TB's fault but Chelsea have been utterly rudderless.
The freeze of Chelsea assets and window ban obviously hurt but the rebound to buying very player that was for sale was just madness.
The player values have dropped like lead balloons because they never found any system or consistent side.

You'd like to shuffle off many of them but it is for MAJOR losses.
Was my worst season as a Chelsea fan.
Just brutally ugly football.

Going to be a heck of a rebuild job now.

No doubt, and I'd like to see more Englishmen take over some clubs. I'd like someone like Richard Branson to take over a club.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I was hoping for the UEFA but at the end we made history today

b25lY21zOmEwNzExNjU0LWM5NjQtNGQ2My1hMTVmLTU5YzE2YjM0ZmE4NToxMGVmZDIxNy01YzA4LTRiZTgtOTQ1My02NjE3MmIwNGExMzg=.jpg

csirl

Reaction score
Liverpool due to sign Argentian World Cup winner Mac Allister. Will.make a big impact as Liverpools weakness this season was midfield.

Given that his family are orginally from Dublin, Ireland it also fits well from a PR/marketing perspective. Liverpoil has a huge fanbase in Dublin due to the traditional links between the cities.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Liverpool due to sign Argentian World Cup winner Mac Allister. Will.make a big impact as Liverpools weakness this season was midfield.

Given that his family are orginally from Dublin, Ireland it also fits well from a PR/marketing perspective. Liverpoil has a huge fanbase in Dublin due to the traditional links between the cities.
They did now we have to find a replacement