2022-2023 Premier League Season

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The thing with Chelsea is it can take a while to correct the direction they are heading. When a team doesn't qualify for Champions League or Europa League, then they don't get that extra money to go along with that extra spotlight. Future transfers may not want to go there if the squad isn't featuring in those cups. A downward spiral can build on itself rather easily. If they can somehow win Champions league, they will qualify for next season. That is possible, yet doubtful. A club taken down by the war in Ukraine. Maybe a bit of an overstatement, but it was that brief time when the club had to be sold and really could not do transfers that created some challenges. And many poor decisions. They have to choose a top notch manager.

Chelsea may consider trying to get Eddie Howe from Newcastle. He was brilliant for us at Bournemouth.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Chelsea is a big mess now why would he go there ?
New Castle has a better future.

That is true, especially with their ownership. Wouldn't it be funny if Jerry ends up taking over Chelsea? Sort of like how Bum Bright took over and then Jerry took over.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just imagine JJ and his son talking about soccer( football). it will be comedy to watch

Exactly lol, and imagine him sitting in the box at Stamford Bridge with some cheap cleaning his glasses. Oh, and hearing him speak during the match "You see that guy kicking the ball? He's got the prettiest kick in the game"

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Exactly lol, and imagine him sitting in the box at Stamford Bridge with some cheap cleaning his glasses. Oh, and hearing him speak during the match "You see that guy kicking the ball? He's got the prettiest kick in the game"
over there they will have a real pressure from the fans unlike in Dallas

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
over there they will have a real pressure from the fans unlike in Dallas

No kidding, they won't know pressure until they have thousands of Londoners booing them if they don't perform. Oh, and they best win a league trophy and have excellent performances in Europe. Curiously, I wonder who they'd choose as a manager. Would they go for a well known name like Mourinho to serve also as the one signing the players? Or would they go for a yes man like Rafael Benitez?

StylisticS

Reaction score
I hope Leicester can pull a miracle this Saturday but we all know that isn't happening. A win for them would give them major confidence because they are very much in danger of going down. I think Palace pulls away from the relegation pack and stays in the league easily.

I think Arsenal can clinch at least top 4 with a win Sunday and a win vs Southampton.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hope Leicester can pull a miracle this Saturday but we all know that isn't happening. A win for them would give them major confidence because they are very much in danger of going down. I think Palace pulls away from the relegation pack and stays in the league easily.

I think Arsenal can clinch at least top 4 with a win Sunday and a win vs Southampton.

Meanwhile, I'd like Bournemouth to pull a shocker against Tottenham so we can try to stay up.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
No kidding, they won't know pressure until they have thousands of Londoners booing them if they don't perform. Oh, and they best win a league trophy and have excellent performances in Europe. Curiously, I wonder who they'd choose as a manager. Would they go for a well known name like Mourinho to serve also as the one signing the players? Or would they go for a yes man like Rafael Benitez?
They will find unknown YES man or someone who is already washed up Hello Steve Bruce