2022-23 Bowl Games Thread

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Maybe you should stop posting football opinions for a while.

Stetson Bennett:
2022 National Champion
2022 National Championship MVP
2023 SEC Champion
2023 Heisman Trophy Finalist
Today’s 2022-23 College Football Semifinal Game: 398 yards and 3 TDs

Nova: “Stetson Bennett is holding the bulldogs back. Geez Bennett is trash.”

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh no I’m so embarrassed

guess I’ll turn in my posting card

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If he's holding them back, he's not doing a very good job of it. :laugh:

He did it last year too. In the natty he looked terrible for like 3 quarters. I dogged him and then he lit it up.

You think I’d learn!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He did it last year too. In the natty he looked terrible for like 3 quarters. I dogged him and then he lit it up.

You think I’d learn!
Oh well it was a fun game, and an amazing finish. Same with the TCU game, fantastic game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Loved the Semis and especially the showings by the underdog.

Details again why we want more teams competing for a title come January, not less.
Harbaugh should be fired. No idea why Mich kept going cover 0 versus a team with TCU's speed. Criminally bad coaching.
tOSU wins that game with Harrison Jr imo but can't have that much offense tied to 1 WR.

Saw about 3 CBs I'd be interested in for the Cowboys.

terra

Reaction score
Loved the Semis and especially the showings by the underdog.

Details again why we want more teams competing for a title come January, not less.
Harbaugh should be fired. No idea why Mich kept going cover 0 versus a team with TCU's speed. Criminally bad coaching.
tOSU wins that game with Harrison Jr imo but can't have that much offense tied to 1 WR.

Saw about 3 CBs I'd be interested in for the Cowboys.
What a pile of crap. Lesser teams playing lesser teams and you think that is a good thing. Quality is better than quantity - at least to a REAL FOOTBALL FAN.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a pile of crap. Lesser teams playing lesser teams and you think that is a good thing. Quality is better than quantity - at least to a REAL FOOTBALL FAN.
The #3 seed beat the #2 seed.

and

The #4 seed nearly beat the #1 seed.

It was an excellent and exciting day of football.

How is having more teams in a playoff a bad thing?

Every other major sport has a reasonable allotment of playoff teams. Do you think all the other leagues/sports should only have a 4 team playoff?

terra

Reaction score
The #3 seed beat the #2 seed.

and

The #4 seed nearly beat the #1 seed.

It was an excellent and exciting day of football.

How is having more teams in a playoff a bad thing?

Every other major sport has a reasonable allotment of playoff teams. Do you think all the other leagues/sports should only have a 4 team playoff?
I want to see the best play each other; you dilute that with EXPANDED playoffs
#1 playing #12
Makes your claim look kind of dumb, doesn't it?
I want to see the teams that have EARNED the right through playing an ENTIRE SEASON going at it for the National Championship
Not some schleps like you WILL GET with 12 teams

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want to see the best play each other; you dilute that with EXPANDED playoffs
#1 playing #12
Makes your claim look kind of dumb, doesn't it?
I want to see the teams that have EARNED the right through playing an ENTIRE SEASON going at it for the National Championship
Not some schleps like you WILL GET with 12 teams
You dodged the question.

Should other sports narrow their playoffs down to only 4 teams……according to your reasoning?

And according to your reasoning, the #10 team could never beat the #3 team. Except that similar scenarios happens every year during the season.

And according to your reasoning, the #12 team could never beat the #1 team. Although similar scenarios happen occasionally.

Should the NFL cut down to 4 playoff teams? Only 2 per conference? Because by your logic, the #6 wildcard is not deserving to play in the playoffs or make it to the Superbowl…..although it is does happen, and occasionally the #6 (or x2 conferences = #12) team actually wins the superbowl!

terra

Reaction score
You dodged the question.

Should other sports narrow their playoffs down to only 4 teams……according to your reasoning?

And according to your reasoning, the #10 team could never beat the #3 team. Except that similar scenarios happens every year during the season.

And according to your reasoning, the #12 team could never beat the #1 team. Although similar scenarios happen occasionally.

Should the NFL cut down to 4 playoff teams? Only 2 per conference? Because by your logic, the #6 wildcard is not deserving to play in the playoffs or make it to the Superbowl…..although it is does happen, and occasionally the #6 (or x2 conferences = #12) team actually wins the superbowl!
you really are dim.
Of course all the other sports should tighten things up
Man, do you need EVERYTHING spelled out to you?
I mentioned NHL and NBA for examples but are you so dense you could not pick that up?
And once again it is STUPID to pick out a once in a decade event and make that your prime argument
Just plain dumb

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you really are dim.
Of course all the other sports should tighten things up
Man, do you need EVERYTHING spelled out to you?
I mentioned NHL and NBA for examples but are you so dense you could not pick that up?
And once again it is STUPID to pick out a once in a decade event and make that your prime argument
Just plain dumb
Wow. Who pissed in your cheerios? It’s a simple conversation and discussion, and all you do is lay into personal attacks.

You must be a blast at parties (if you ever get invited, which I doubt).

Try being a little more like Jesus, and a little less like a Jerk.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Have to admit, terra, I'm with him on this.
Surprised you seem so emotional about a simple opinion.
We all have our takes on it, so no big deal. But I always have thought there should be at least 8

This year was fine, but some years there's not much difference between 2-8 teams.

I do think if they expand the playoffs they need to drop a game from the regular season, but that's just me.

Not really a topic I wish to argue about, as folks are dug in with their opinions

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
LOL at USC losing to Tulane. Yet another entitled big school getting beat after stomping their feet and crying about being left out of the playoff.

acr731

Reaction score

I really hope you are saying that TCU isn't a quality team this year. They earned their trip to the big game.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Yet another barnburner in the bowl games. Just wow!
Crucial drop of the kickoff at the one yard line by USC and the Green Wave did came back under circumstances and controversy to pull the rabbit out of the hat.
That was a very entertaining and exciting game for sure!
This season bowl games have produced some of the best games that I can think of!

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Tacky of the U.S, Senator, doing something with his cell phone during coin toss instructions!

acr731

Reaction score
I really hope you are saying that TCU isn't a quality team this year. They earned their trip to the big game.

Edit to post #217: I really hope you aren't saying that TCU isn't a quality team this year