Twitter: 2022 cap is 208.2 million with a spike expected in 2023

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Ok, now can you tell us how much the Cowboys have available. Then how much they'll have if they release Cooper, and or then Tank.

There's no thanks in advance, because I don't expect you to do it. I'm actually just picking with you.

CWR

Reaction score
Ok, now can you tell us how much the Cowboys have available. Then how much they'll have if they release Cooper, and or then Tank.

There's no thanks in advance, because I don't expect you to do it. I'm actually just picking with you.

I'll give you the short answer. With a little logical restructuring more than plenty.

CWR

Reaction score
I stopped caring about our cap when I realized we can always do whatever we want all of the time.

Years ago I remember trying to figure out how Washington or Philly kept signing all these high-priced FAs. Eventually, I realized the cap is nonsense or at the least allows for a ton of manipulation.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you look at the increases over the years we are still behind from the lockdowns. That 208 figure should have been last year's cap. We should be around 218 right now.

Hopefully that spike next year is significant. We will own phase 2 of free agency.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Based on Over the Cap numbers, Dallas is close to $13.5 million above the $208.2 million cap. That's without re-signing anyone and with about $3.25 million needed for the draft. Restructuring Dak easily clears the $13.5 million off the ledger and would almost take care of the draft picks as well.

To re-sign the free agents it wants to keep (and more if it wanted), Dallas could restructure the deals for some combination of Martin, Lawrence, Collins and Cooper. But since it appears that we are going to cut Cooper, that alone would create $16 million to $20 million in space, depending on if we want to designate him as a June 1 cut.

Since I don't want to make it out that these calculations are my own, here's the link to the article I looked up on this: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-and-what-they-face-amari-cooper-dak-prescott

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Every team in the NFL has bad contracts, fans act like Dallas is the only one who has to make moves.

Considering Dallas is near the bottom of spending in actual salary dollars since 2016 it has to make you question how committed Jerry really is to winning at all costs as he says. The Eagles, Jags, and Packers have spent over $120m more than Dallas since 2016.

Jerry is a politician who will say whatever he has to in order to get our votes/dollars.