News: 2022 NFL Draft: Strongest position group? Weakest?

morasp

Reaction score
3) Interior offensive line
With more and more teams looking to bump tackles inside to guard or center, this position group has become much more loaded over the last few years. Kenyon Green and Tyler Linderbaum are the headliners -- and I'm projecting Tyler Smith as a tackle-to-guard move, which adds another possible first-rounder. The number of potential future starters at the center position is very impressive, with several prospects featuring guard/center roster flexibility, which could elevate their draft slotting.

8) Wide receiver
While some are much higher on this wide receiver class, I come away a little lukewarm after the talent and depth we've seen from the 2020 and '21 drafts. While we are likely to see more first-rounders than the five-year average of 3.6, I don't believe there to be a true star in this group. North Dakota State's Christian Watson is an ascending prospect, but beyond him, the depth and ceiling and consistency for Day 2 wideouts is lacking.

2022 NFL Draft: Strongest position group? Weakest?

Gaede

Reaction score
I completely agree about the receivers. Who is the star? I see a bunch of good prospects but no number one. And a couple of the better ones are coming off big injuries.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I completely agree about the receivers. Who is the star? I see a bunch of good prospects but no number one. And a couple of the better ones are coming off big injuries.

I agree with the notion that this isn't a WR class with several potential stud #1 WRs, but I disagree with the author about the depth at the position. I think it lines up pretty well for our needs to find a quality #3 in day 2 or possibly even the start of day 3.

J-man

Reaction score
The very reason I have mocked us taking 2 interior O-lineman in the first 2 rds, instead of reaching for a WR at 56.