2023 Comp Picks?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a shame that all we have to look forward to as fans is how many comp 5th and 6h round picks we get every year. Teams like the Iggles figure out way to actually bundle players/picks to improve in Rd 1, and not have to rely upon red flaggers and character dudes to make a difference in year 2

man, just enjoy that we have extra picks, instead of whining about it, or what other teams do.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
man, just enjoy that we have extra picks, instead of whining about it, or what other teams do.
when all we have to celebrate after the draft in the last couple of years is how many comp picks we gain by losing free agents, this goes way beyond whining. Add to this, we just watched the GMen and Iggles totally kill the draft, and while cause celeb for us is next drafts comp picks, we watch these same teams take a second run of multiple picks in the 1st. And oh, our ownership/GM continues to sit on their hands while somehow Howie, Sean and a host of others continue to build. Perhaps if we had creative owners these so called "whining" posts would be more upbeat

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
when all we have to celebrate after the draft in the last couple of years is how many comp picks we gain by losing free agents, this goes way beyond whining. Add to this, we just watched the GMen and Iggles totally kill the draft, and while cause celeb for us is next drafts comp picks, we watch these same teams take a second run of multiple picks in the 1st. And oh, our ownership/GM continues to sit on their hands while somehow Howie, Sean and a host of others continue to build. Perhaps if we had creative owners these so called "whining" posts would be more upbeat

They got those multiple 1st round picks by other trades, not by using any comp picks to trade up.
So the Iggles kill the drafts huh? So why did they not win the NFCE every year? Where is Wentz, oh, on his 3rd team now.

I do not see anyone celebrating how many comp picks we have. The OP was how many do we get for next year. And you go on a whine fest.
Dang man, IF you are a fan, try to find something good about it. Like, hey, 2023 we have 10 picks, maybe they will finally use them to trade up.

I understand, I wanted them to trade up also, use a 5th to move up a few spots. But they decided for whatever their reasons not to. OR, maybe they tried and the right deal was not there.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They got those multiple 1st round picks by other trades, not by using any comp picks to trade up.
So the Iggles kill the drafts huh? So why did they not win the NFCE every year? Where is Wentz, oh, on his 3rd team now.

I do not see anyone celebrating how many comp picks we have. The OP was how many do we get for next year. And you go on a whine fest.
Dang man, IF you are a fan, try to find something good about it. Like, hey, 2023 we have 10 picks, maybe they will finally use them to trade up.

I understand, I wanted them to trade up also, use a 5th to move up a few spots. But they decided for whatever their reasons not to. OR, maybe they tried and the right deal was not there.
I hear you, and want to assume you have been a fan of this for well over 35 plus years as I have, and are tired of watching other franchises do much more than we do to bring a championship back. I did not say they kill drafts, it's actually the exact oppposite as they have been brutal. This past draft they killed, as did the Giants. We had/have a very small window to win a Super Bowl and I and many others think we blew that chance last year, and haven't done enough this off season to say otherwise. If you are a fan of 3 decades you will find my sentiment to be true.....

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
unfortunately I expect what has exactly happened for the last 26 years...sadly I am so right in my take and it's so awesome watching other teams with actual GM'S play the game as they should
Yes, you are spot on.
We are at a significant competitive disadvantage with amateurs running our front office.
One reason why we have had not much in the way of post season success the last 27 years.