2023 Draft Needs?

The Realist

Reaction score
CB, RB, 3T, TE, S, C?

AB, Pollard, Schultz free agents. Zeke probably a cap cut. Would be nice if we could get DQ an elite 3T.

I would say CB/DT top 1st round targets. If those are wiped out maybe plug and play RB at 32….although I’m not a fan of RB in one.

JBS

Reaction score
WR
RB
OT/LG whichever one Rookie smith isn’t playing
C
TE
CB
LB

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CB, RB, 3T, TE, S, C?

AB, Pollard, Schultz free agents. Zeke probably a cap cut. Would be nice if we could get DQ an elite 3T.

I would say CB/DT top 1st round targets. If those are wiped out maybe plug and play RB at 32….although I’m not a fan of RB in one.
CB should be high because the vets are going to start leaving. Brown next year, Lewis the year after. I think Joseph will be fine, but you still need a 3rd starter. I don't know that that is on the roster

DT. Hill is gone next year, Gallimore could be the year after. Sure would be nice to finally have a 1st round 3T available.

LT. If an LT caliber OT is in the board, they should strongly consider. Steele is a jag. The guys we drafted in the mid rounds are darts. Tyler Smith could become your LT, but you could also keep him at OG or RT

HB. We have nothing if they move on from Elliott (which they probably will). I would have moved up for Spiller once he got to day 3. I think a Tevin Coleman 2019 tier contract with Pollard could be possible. Even then you want another quality back.

OC. We have a guy everyone wanted to replace, a 7th round dart, and a UDFA. Could definitely be a 2023 need. Hopefully the class is a little deeper than this year.

The Realist

Reaction score
CB should be high because the vets are going to start leaving. Brown next year, Lewis the year after. I think Joseph will be fine, but you still need a 3rd starter. I don't know that that is on the roster

DT. Hill is gone next year, Gallimore could be the year after. Sure would be nice to finally have a 1st round 3T available.

LT. If an LT caliber OT is in the board, they should strongly consider. Steele is a jag. The guys we drafted in the mid rounds are darts. Tyler Smith could become your LT, but you could also keep him at OG or RT

HB. We have nothing if they move on from Elliott (which they probably will). I would have moved up for Spiller once he got to day 3. I think a Tevin Coleman 2019 tier contract with Pollard could be possible. Even then you want another quality back.

OC. We have a guy everyone wanted to replace, a 7th round dart, and a UDFA. Could definitely be a 2023 need. Hopefully the class is a little deeper than this year.

I agree CB could be top need. An elite penetrating 3T could finish off our pass rush. That guy isn’t currently on the roster.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Think its going to be cb and rb. Hopefully we have learned the lesson don't pay running backs. Take a stud in the 2nd, run him into the ground then draft the replacement in 4 years.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Draft a QB in top 3 rounds, Dak is going into year 3 in 2023 and who knows how much he'll want ...

This is pretty much IMPERATIVE for future team building

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
CB, RB, 3T, TE, S, C?

Really hard to say at this point in time.
I can see RB being a need as you mentioned.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
CB, RB, 3T, TE, S, C?

Tackle, Center, RB, TE, CB, Saftey, DT, DE, QB,

DanA

Reaction score
In terms of significant player movement:
  • We can and should get out of Zeke’s contract
  • Shultz is out of contract
  • Pollard is out of contract
  • A.Brown is out of contract
  • D.Wilson is out of contract
No.1 and 2 for me are therefore RB and TE, after that it really depends on how our rookies develop. A free safety and OC seem likely to be on the list but let’s see how our current guys do.

Hardline

Reaction score
Whatever it takes to get Bjian Robinson on this team . I want to go back to ground and pound smash mouth football

The Realist

Reaction score
In terms of significant player movement:
  • We can and should get out of Zeke’s contract
  • Shultz is out of contract
  • Pollard is out of contract
  • A.Brown is out of contract
  • D.Wilson is out of contract
No.1 and 2 for me are therefore RB and TE, after that it really depends on how our rookies develop. A free safety and OC seem likely to be on the list but let’s see how our current guys do.

My top concern would be CB since AB is a free agent and KJ is a knucklehead. Can’t reach for CB just because that is top need though. I wish there was a Travis Frederick in this year’s draft.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
General Manager
Director of Player Personnel
and a new position, Director or Draft Board Security

or maybe just someone at the door who a) doesn't let people inside the war room with cameras and b) doesn't let Jerry walk out of the war room with paperwork.

Last edited: