Draft Day 2024 First round pick chat

Brooksey

Reaction score
NFC north getting better...Lions, GB and now two studs to Bears and JJ McCarthy to Minn.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Signing cousins wasn’t smart. But. Cousins is never winning a title. Never.

So if they really think Penix is the guy. Then you draft him.
I’m not faulting Penix. Went higher than I thought but I like him. It’s signing Cousins and drafting him. You killed your ability to build your team around a rookie deal.

Motorola

Reaction score
First 10 players picked are on the offense -- every happened before in the draft's history?
11 now -- 5 QBs, 3 OTs, 3 WRs

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m not faulting Penix. Went higher than I thought but I like him. It’s signing Cousins and drafting him. You killed your ability to build your team around a rookie deal.
Yeah. That hurts.

None of that will matter if Penix ends up being an elite QB. But it’s a risky move now. High risk high reward.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The whole purpose of drafting a quarterback is you have a cheap deal for 4 years and you can build around them. Cousins is not a cheap deal.
Cousins is old, he could pull a Rodgers in the first game too…then where is Atlanta at? They got their backup who might have to play sooner than later.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Maybe they took Fashanu because Tyron got hurt today.
I know this sounds weird to cowboys fans. But you gotta believe me on this……. Teams are actually allowed to sign Fa’s AND draft players to address holes in the roster.

Crazy I know.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah. That hurts.

None of that will matter if Penix ends up being an elite QB. But it’s a risky move now. High risk high reward.
I mean yes and no. It’s been proven it’s easier to build a team around a guy on a rookie deal than it’s not. I don’t think they will ever have any regrets on Penix. Might have buyers remorse on that Cousins deal though lol.