2024 Free agent OTs

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Tyron has missed 48 games in 13 seasons (3.7 games a season) while averaging 10m per season.
Trent Williams who everyone seems to fawn over has missed 49 games in 14 seasons (3.5 a season) and is playing on a 6yr 130m contract.
Terron Armstead has missed 58 games in 11 seasons and is playing on a 5yr 87m contract with 54m guaranteed.
Yeah, Tyron is underpaid and under appreciated by a fan base many of which have the basic reasoning skills of a turnip!
Trent Williams sat out a season to get out of Washington because they misdiagnosed him regarding cancer...lol
Terron Armstead... yeah he was gotten rid of and paid by another desperate team

Tyron is at the end of his football life, hanging onto him is not the right move. This is coming from someone who had 77 as one of their favorite players growing up.

exciter

Reaction score
Trent Williams sat out a season to get out of Washington because they misdiagnosed him regarding cancer...lol
Terron Armstead... yeah he was gotten rid of and paid by another desperate team

Tyron is at the end of his football life, hanging onto him is not the right move. This is coming from someone who had 77 as one of their favorite players growing up.
Lol, he had a cancerous growth cut out of his head… he missed 16 games. You can try to sugar coat it but he still missed 16 games!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're clearly going to move Smith to tackle from guard and plug in a new guard.

cristglo

Reaction score
OL has become worrisome We have Martin who is getting long in the tooth Steele whom we gave a big contract to and played horrible last season A center who gets thrown around like a rag doll now Tyron leaving We don’t have enough capital to fix all our needs Dak should think about that when they look at his Ext Maybe he needs a year of running for his life and get knocked out a few times to realize He ain’t all that

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Tyron has missed 48 games in 13 seasons (3.7 games a season) while averaging 10m per season.
Trent Williams who everyone seems to fawn over has missed 49 games in 14 seasons (3.5 a season) and is playing on a 6yr 130m contract.
Terron Armstead has missed 58 games in 11 seasons and is playing on a 5yr 87m contract with 54m guaranteed.
Yeah, Tyron is underpaid and under appreciated by a fan base many of which have the basic reasoning skills of a turnip!
Ding Ding Ding !!!!! This ^^^^

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think Tyron agent made a mistake signing an 8 year deal in 2016.

exciter

Reaction score
I think Tyron agent made a mistake signing an 8 year deal in 2016.
Tyron could have held out for a larger contract at anytime. He could have refused the pay cut last year. Don’t think it was ever just about the money with him!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tyron could have held out for a larger contract at anytime. He could have refused the pay cut last year. Don’t think it was ever just about the money with him!
And now GM Jeruh wants to low ball him, while we burn $5M on Trance.

exciter

Reaction score
And now GM Jeruh wants to low ball him, while we burn $5M on Trance.
Making the trade for Lance dictated they would have to pay him the roster bonus otherwise they’d look like bigger fools than what they did by initially making the trade.

I’m not sure they’re exactly lowballing Tyron. I think the agent recognizes he can get paid a whole lot more than what the team was thinking. And the agent is pushing for that contract. Someone with cap to burn will dole out a contract with large signing bonus and guaranteed money. It’s not something the Cowboys want to do!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Making the trade for Lance dictated they would have to pay him the roster bonus otherwise they’d look like bigger fools than what they did by initially making the trade.

I’m not sure they’re exactly lowballing Tyron. I think the agent recognizes he can get paid a whole lot more than what the team was thinking. And the agent is pushing for that contract. Someone with cap to burn will dole out a contract with large signing bonus and guaranteed money. It’s not something the Cowboys want to do!
Doubling down on stupid with Trance in an attempt to cover for GM Jerruh's lone wolf decision.

If we don't sign Tyrone, we will have to sign someone else. Or we are looking at top 2 or 3 top picks going to our OLine this year.

We currently have no LT or OC. Should be fairly easy to find 1 starter in the draft. 2 is another story.

Maybe we are comfortable with Tyler going to LT and Bass going to LG. Then we have no depth on the OLine.

exciter

Reaction score
Depends on how comfortable they are with Richards. Push comes to shove they can always slide Tyler back out. I think Bass is good to start this season by next for sure. Draft is as deep at Center as I can remember.
It’s unlikely you’re going to find a LT as dominant as Tyron when healthy even with a top 10 pick. As a fan base we need to learn to accept that reality!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Depends on how comfortable they are with Richards. Push comes to shove they can always slide Tyler back out. I think Bass is good to start this season by next for sure. Draft is as deep at Center as I can remember.
It’s unlikely you’re going to find a LT as dominant as Tyron when healthy even with a top 10 pick. As a fan base we need to learn to accept that reality!
What do you think Tyron was expecting? No reason we should not have offered $20M over 2 years.