2024 NFL Draft: Ja'Tavion Sanders, Edgerrin Cooper among prospects to watch at East-West Shrine Bowl

RS12

Reaction score

3) Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M (6-3, 230)​

Cooper was a first-team All-American and All-SEC selection because he racked up 17.5 tackles for losses and eight sacks coming downhill against the run and pass. He pounds quarterbacks as a blitzer with his quickness and powerful frame, separating the ball from unsuspecting ball carriers in the pocket and toward the sideline. Cooper might be viewed as an edge/off-ball linebacker 'tweener like Trenton Simpson last year, but I think that Ravens rookie showed the potential to be an impact starter in the right system.

2) Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas (6-0, 207)*​

Brooks suffered a knee injury in November, so he will not be participating on the field during Shrine Bowl week. He'll be able to interview with teams, though, and be around a great event in his home state. Teams know his explosiveness with the ball in his hands, whether hitting the A-gap or getting to the sideline. Brooks won't be selected as early as last year's top-10 pick out of the Texas backfield, Bijan Robinson, but as long as his medical reports check out before the draft, his ability to make defenders miss and run through contact as a runner and receiver make him a likely difference-maker on Sundays.

1) Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas (6-4, 243)*​

Like most college tight ends, "JT" has not been given the opportunity to realize his full potential as a playmaker. Whether he plays the entire week or shows his skills for a limited time like Zay Flowers did at 2023 Shrine practices, I believe NFL teams will see a first-round prospect in the Evan Engram or Noah Fant mold. Sanders has the speed and size to challenge interior defenders vertically and run through their tackle attempts to get the extra yard. His strong hands, agility and flexibility as a pass catcher will pay off in the red zone, as well. He's really just getting started.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-d...g-prospects-to-watch-at-east-west-shrine-bowl

Gambit

Reaction score
4. Qwan'tez Stiggers CB Toronto Argonauts

Mainly because I love his story, but also I'm genuinely interested to see if he can play with NFL caliber WRs

visionary

Reaction score
Im really worried that the reactionary Joneses will resign Tyron and Biadasz and draft RB and LB in rds 1-2

Aven8

Reaction score
Didn’t Brooks blow out his knee at the end of the season? He’s got a lonnnggg way to go

cnuball21

Reaction score
Outside of the
Didn’t Brooks blow out his knee at the end of the season? He’s got a lonnnggg way to go
He did but our Dr is the the one doing surgery…I have zero idea what the recovery is but if we draft him hopefully that means we’re confident he’ll e full speed year 1. Dude is a stud…super smooth runner with great hands.

Gambit

Reaction score

Maybe put Stiggers on I'll WRs.

Just kidding, great to here he is making a name for himself. Dane said in a podcast Stiggers, who has never played college ball, could go as early as Rnd 4