21st in the league

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has 17 passing touchdowns that ties him for 17th in the league.

3- The number of games he has scored 0 passing touchdowns this year.
6- The number of games he threw for only 1 touchdown.

And this is not the the first year he has struggled. In 2016 he had 3 games of 0 passing TD's and 6 similar games last year.

This is why we lose games. We have a defense that typically keeps us in games and an offense that struggles to score touchdowns. And it's not like we are running the ball in to score that often. Zeke has 6 touchdowns on the year. He is an average QB between the 20's and below average in the red zone. Not sure how to fix it when guys get open and no ball or passes being dropped or dak hesitates and takes a sack. It doesn't help that our best receivers are on the smaller side andf our TE's are inexperienced.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Two things really really bother me with Dak.
1) His inaccuracy. He is not even close on some pretty easy throws. And to make matters worse he knows he can't make the throw to an open receiver and gets sacked for holding onto the ball. See #2.
2) His pocket awareness. He holds the ball waaayyyyyy too long. Throw it away kid. Dont take the sack. His footwork to step up or into the pocket or move away from rushers is terrible for a guy with his physical makeup.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Two things really really bother me with Dak.
1) His inaccuracy. He is not even close on some pretty easy throws. And to make matters worse he knows he can't make the throw to an open receiver and gets sacked for holding onto the ball. See #2.
2) His pocket awareness. He holds the ball waaayyyyyy too long. Throw it away kid. Dont take the sack. His footwork to step up or into the pocket or move away from rushers is terrible for a guy with his physical makeup.
Wish he had a QB coach to help him with some of these things. Or, maybe he's just not that great of a QB. In all honesty, I really don't know.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Wish he had a QB coach to help him with some of these things. Or, maybe he's just not that great of a QB. In all honesty, I really don't know.
Dak needs to maybe visit this camp. And maybe Jordan Palmer is available? His throws look amazing.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He's never been a great passer. He's ok between the 20's but requires alot of help from the OL, RB, WR, TE, Coaching. His game is based off taking the safe plays and not making game ending risky mistakes.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Him missing Olwale in the endzone...

Him missing Hurns who got separation and if throws it in the area code is an easy walk in TD

The first down grab to Jarwin that the defender got to knock down because he shockingly under threw it....

Those are big time throws you HAVE to make in this league to be successful

khiladi

Reaction score

He probably didn’t need to reset. It looks like waited too long to throw like he normally does, because he needs to see guys wide open. He should have released much earlier. If he waits even longer, that’s probably an INT or it would look like he’s throwing into a crowd and then people will blame the ‘routes’ or that WRs can’t get open.

Cooper has already slowed down and watches that sail over his head.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Look Dak isn't as good as some on here think and he isn't as bad as some on here think. There is a middle and that is where he is. He is a completely average QB that will win you some and lose you some. I think it's on the coaching staff to play to his strengths and hide his weakness as much as possible. He can get the job done if you run plays that fit him. He will never be a good, accurate pocket passer. It's just not going to happen. We either need to move on to a new QB or move on to new coaches that can get the most out of him. Dak and this coaching staff is never going to be very successful.

erod

Reaction score
He took two sacks yesterday and should have been called for grounding on that ball to Connor Williams' feet.

All three times, he held the ball forever. Ball has to be gone.

He makes his o-line look bad. He makes his receivers look bad. And now he's starting to make his defense look bad. His OC is bad, but not this bad.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

And this is not the the first year he has struggled. In 2016 he had 3 games of 0 passing TD's and 6 similar games last year.

This is why we lose games. We have a defense that typically keeps us in games and an offense that struggles to score touchdowns. And it's not like we are running the ball in to score that often. Zeke has 6 touchdowns on the year. He is an average QB between the 20's and below average in the red zone. Not sure how to fix it when guys get open and no ball or passes being dropped or dak hesitates and takes a sack. It doesn't help that our best receivers are on the smaller side andf our TE's are inexperienced.
And Zeke has 6 rushing TDs, tied for 17th in the league with 5 other players.

Our offense is terribly mediocre. Can't put the ball in the end zone.

droopdog7

Reaction score
My response to this is simple. Do people really think that our coaches are COMPLETELY useless? Of course they are aware of these flaws and doing what they can to fix the issues. But sometimes a guy doesn't get it. Maybe he will with more time but these are not coaching issues.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

You reached by including 2016. The Cowboys were 5th in the NFL in scoring offense that season, certainly in part because the league was caught by surprise with the Dak/Zeke show.

Even in the first half of 2017 they were scoring - Dallas lost back to back home games in which they scored 30+ points early that season (Rams and Packers). No way you should lose at home scoring 30.

But since the infamous Atlanta game last season it's been a different story, starting with the play of Dak. Adding Cooper has helped, but the limitations are still there.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And Zeke has 6 rushing TDs, tied for 17th in the league with 5 other players.

Our offense is terribly mediocre. Can't put the ball in the end zone.

That is correct. But let's not fool ourselves here with Zeke. We don't struggle to run short yardage plays and red zone plays because Zeke is terrible. We struggle because our OLine is not the dominant unit that can take on 8 men fronts with ease as we have in the past. Zeke is the most important person to stop in these situations. That is also why Linehan calls a pass play when defenses load up to stop the run. No team is scarred of Daks arm.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You reached by including 2016. The Cowboys were 5th in the NFL in scoring offense that season, certainly in part because the league was caught by surprise with the Dak/Zeke show.

Even in the first half of 2017 they were scoring - Dallas lost back to back home games in which they scored 30+ points early that season (Rams and Packers). No way you should lose at home scoring 30.

But since the infamous Atlanta game last season it's been a different story, starting with the play of Dak. Adding Cooper has helped, but the limitations are still there.

I wanted to include his most successful season. It shows even then he still struggled at times. One would think he gets better as the years go by but he really hasn't.

Creeper

Reaction score
It was one of those games where you could point to every player and find that he did not play well, except maybe Zeke. The Colts on this day were able to do everything.

The Cowboys offensive line is bad. There is no way around that fact. I think Linehan knows this and its why he gets cute in the red zone. He doesn't think this OL can blast a hole in the defense for Zeke to just run through, like the Colts did to Dallas. They are near the top in the league in offensive holding and they are the worst in the league for allowing QB sacks. That's a fact and its not going away and its not because Zack Martin was hurt yesterday. I am not absolving Linehan. His play calling is at times ridiculous. Running Zeke into a stacked line on 4th down from the 1 yard line into a defensive front that was clearly selling out to stop Zeke was boneheaded.

Early in the year I said this team would not win 6 games. My reasoning was the offensive line that has deteriorated each year since 2016 and the DTs, who I consider to be mediocre. I admit this defense has surprised me. Woods has turned out to be a much better play than anyone thought. But Ross and Woods are jags, as Parcells would say. Maliek Collins has been good at times but disappears at other times. The Colts exploited both Dallas weaknesses yesterday.

The Cowboys OL needs to get healthy. They need to find a LG they can depend on and on defense they need the big guy in the middle of that line to clog things up and take up two blockers. The game has not really change that much. You win in the trenches. The Colts proved it yesterday.