22" Computer Monitor

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 22" LCD monitor for $200-$250. I found these two but not familiar with what all the specs are. Each monitor has a "# cd" and "m2 #:#" and I'm not sure what they are for. If I had to guess it would be for pixel load time but I'm not positive. If anyone is an expert in this and could help me pick the better monitor then please help me out! Thanks!

Monitor 1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824211010

Monitor 2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824252008

jcollins28

Reaction score
John F.;1899311 said:
Nice monitor. Feel huge on your desk?

Not anymore. I went up to this monitor from a 19" CRT and yeah it felt big at first. Guess I'm used to it now because it does not feel to big at all.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
ok John F. the first one is deffenitly the better of the two by far. it has a faster refresh (3ms faster which can be a big deal with movies/games), has a higher contrast ration of 2000:1 compared to the second ones 800:1, it supports HDCP (1080p resolution)

so in my opinion go for the first one

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
Well I wish I saw your message earlier because I already ordered the second monitor. Thing is I'm not particularly worried about the refresh rate because I won't be using my pc for anything more than surfing the web and playing in message boards. All my movie watching is on my 42".. Thanks for the reply and I'll keep you updated with how it turns out if you'd like.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
only difference between those two are the contrast ration which the first has 2000:1 and the 2nd 800:1. Both of those will be great monitors, Dell and Apple use the same internals. I'd go with the first one just due to the contrast ratio.