23 Richest Quarterbacks Of All Time

csirl

Reaction score
Surprised Steve Young is only worth $40m. He earned this amount from the LA Express before playing in the NFL. Has he blown the entire proceeds of a long and well paid NFL career?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Staubach was good at every thing that he did...because he was both thorough and always well prepared.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I was curious about this topic and found this article that addressed my curiosity.

I was pleasantly surprised at who was rated the richest QB (net worth) at this time.

http://thesportal.com/20-richest-quarterbacks-of-all-time/

:clap:
Many of those players are current players. I wonder where their wealth will be 10 years after they retire? The older guys (Tarkenton, Staubach, etc.) were paid squat compared to today. They made their money after their playing careers.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Many of those players are current players. I wonder where their wealth will be 10 years after they retire? The older guys (Tarkenton, Staubach, etc.) were paid squat compared to today. They made their money after their playing careers.

Most likely in that list to end up dead broke. Cam Newton. He and Dez can probably share the same refrigerator box when they turn 40.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Most likely in that list to end up dead broke. Cam Newton. He and Dez can probably share the same refrigerator box when they turn 40.
I don't know enough about Cam to agree or disagree with you. As for Dez, I could see him having issues down the road if left to his own devices. However, I think JJ has taken him under his wing and will see to it that his money is protected down the road. I recall when Dez changed agencies and was on the verge of getting a $70M contract that JJ personally went to NY to visit his agent to ensure that Dez wasn't being taken advantage of. I don't think JJ will stop caring about him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I don't know enough about Cam to agree or disagree with you. As for Dez, I could see him having issues down the road if left to his own devices. However, I think JJ has taken him under his wing and will see to it that his money is protected down the road. I recall when Dez changed agencies and was on the verge of getting a $70M contract that JJ personally went to NY to visit his agent to ensure that Dez wasn't being taken advantage of. I don't think JJ will stop caring about him.

He is still buying high end cars for his posse to drive.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Dez. There was some trouble about an Escolade he owns that he bought for his friend to drive or some crap. He is still spending big money on hanger-ons.
Sorry to hear that. I think one of Dez's problems, from what I've been able to glean from a few news articles, is that he has a big heart and is/will be prone to "helping" those around him. I really hope he has some sound financial guidance in his out years.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I know these sites run on ads and page views but I refuse to click through 23 pages to see a top 23 list. It's ridiculous.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Hahaha, no kidding.

Not football related, but Arnold Schwarzenegger was rich before he even hit it in Hollywood because he invested his bodybuilding money in starting his own business, and he used the profits from THAT to invest in California real estate.

Real estate is always the one thing they arent making anymore of. All the dirt we have is all the dirt we're gonna get.

plymkr

Reaction score
Roger Staubach is not the one I would have guessed to be the richest QB as far as net worth goes. Since he played in the 70's when contracts weren't as huge and endorsements didn't pay as much is what makes that really surprising to me. Good for him. Good for Romo being worth 40+ million. Hopefully he saved some of that and takes a pay cut to be the backup for us next year.

I wonder what Aikman's net worth would be if he didn't get divorced a couple years back, I wonder how much that cost him. But now he's free to marry Aaron Rodgers so I bet 20 million is worth it to him to get a chance with Aaron, his true love.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Surprised Steve Young is only worth $40m. He earned this amount from the LA Express before playing in the NFL. Has he blown the entire proceeds of a long and well paid NFL career?
Highly doubt. I have read where he is also a very accomplished lawyer

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger Staubach is not the one I would have guessed to be the richest QB as far as net worth goes. Since he played in the 70's when contracts weren't as huge and endorsements didn't pay as much is what makes that really surprising to me.
Staubach developed a strong client base through the 1990s and 2000s, helping tenants find office, retail and industrial space. He survived the booms and busts of the Texas economy. The firm had 50 offices in North America and 1,100 employees by 2008, but clients eventually wanted more services and to venture outside the U.S. In order to service their needs, Staubach found a willing partner in Chicago-based real estate firm Jones Lang Lasalle. JLL bought Staubach Co. in 2008 for a multi-year payout that eventually totaled $640 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...cowboys-qb-to-real-estate-mogul/#622203731fe1

plymkr

Reaction score
Staubach developed a strong client base through the 1990s and 2000s, helping tenants find office, retail and industrial space. He survived the booms and busts of the Texas economy. The firm had 50 offices in North America and 1,100 employees by 2008, but clients eventually wanted more services and to venture outside the U.S. In order to service their needs, Staubach found a willing partner in Chicago-based real estate firm Jones Lang Lasalle. JLL bought Staubach Co. in 2008 for a multi-year payout that eventually totaled $640 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...cowboys-qb-to-real-estate-mogul/#622203731fe1
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea. Man just think if he would have bought the Cowboys. I know he made the cash after JJ bought us but man that would be a cool story. Captain comeback owning the team he played for.