25 Days...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
...between right now and when the team reports to Oxnard.

Let the rookie signings begin so we can have some freaking news.

Pardon me, I'm having withdrawal tremors. My wife is contemplating exile in Tibet.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:

Pardon me, I'm having withdrawal tremors. My wife is contemplating exile in Tibet.
I suggest taking a vacation. Valley ranch did. as well as our beat writers... :banghead:

I want another one. ~sigh~

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I suggest taking a vacation. Valley ranch did. as well as our beat writers... :banghead:

I want another one. ~sigh~
I just gave up my vacation to plans to Training Camp. Instead I am going to the Cardinals pre season game in Tempe and the Season opener in San Diego and the Draft next year if it is still in NYC.

In other words, I'm stuck in no football prison and I need a breakout plan.

:chainsaw:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Be careful she doesn't exile you somewhere pard. :)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I just gave up my vacation to plans to Training Camp. Instead I am going to the Cardinals pre season game in Tempe and the Season opener in San Diego and the Draft next year if it is still in NYC.

In other words, I'm stuck in no football prison and I need a breakout plan.

:chainsaw:

Just use your six foot hands to bend the bars.... :D

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'm having withdrawal tremors. My wife is contemplating exile in Tibet.
Ya it sucks but here are some football related things that I have been doing to help with the withdrawl:

(1) Working on some of my recipes for the football season. This is the perfect time to tweak some of your grilling recipes for tailgating. (speaking of which, someone needs to create a recipe thread before the season kicks off)

(2) Watch some of the games from the previous season. Personally, I've purged last season from my memory, so games from the 2003 season are much more fun to watch.

(3) Prepare for the fantasy football draft. Most of the web sites now have their mock fantasy football drafts up. I've started working on my rankings.

(4) Throw the football around. A little physical exercise never hurts, I've been throwing the football around with my son on the weekends some.

(5) NFL 2K5. If all else fails, video renditions of the real thing sometimes satisfy the fix.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Ya it sucks but here are some football related things that I have been doing to help with the withdrawl:

(1) Working on some of my recipes for the football season. This is the perfect time to tweak some of your grilling recipes for tailgating. (speaking of which, someone needs to create a recipe thread before the season kicks off)

(2) Watch some of the games from the previous season. Personally, I've purged last season from my memory, so games from the 2003 season are much more fun to watch.

(3) Prepare for the fantasy football draft. Most of the web sites now have their mock fantasy football drafts up. I've started working on my rankings.

(4) Throw the football around. A little physical exercise never hurts, I've been throwing the football around with my son on the weekends some.

(5) NFL 2K5. If all else fails, video renditions of the real thing sometimes satisfy the fix.
I'm ready for the Draft and I like the recipe idea, but I am trying to lose some weight.

I love the football with your son stuff. Wish my daughter wanted to. I do have her trained to go after a future Cowboys QB as her hubby.

:grin:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Did you just call me a wookie?

:chop:

Is that Elmer Fudd for Rookie or another rendition of Nookie or perhaps the cookie monster's mom offering him his favorite snack "does my little monster want a wookie"...okay, ok all bad jokes...I am just so bored waiting for the off season to stop being so....off

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Is that Elmer Fudd for Rookie or another rendition of Nookie or perhaps the cookie monster's mom offering him his favorite snack "does my little monster want a wookie"...okay, ok all bad jokes...I am just so bored waiting for the off season to stop being so....off
Maybe I spelled it wrong. I think he called me Chewbacca from Star Wars, a wookie.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Maybe I spelled it wrong. I think he called me Chewbacca from Star Wars, a wookie.

As far as I know you spelled it right...I guess sometimes my humor is Way out there

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile said:

I was wondering when someone would talk about Signings. Its seems here is the sequence of events once minicamps are over with NFL:

1) Someone will whine about Cowboys players not being signed after first couple of players sign for other teams, as if Cowboys players going to be holdouts.

2) Then Finally TC comes and people are happy for couple days. But as soon as those days are over, then most can't wait for first pre-season game, and whining starts about that game not being shown etc. in their local TV etc.

3) After couple of pre-season games, whining will start about when the heck will pre-season be over and real season starts.

4) After the obligatory slew of posts about the rituals ( which I enjoy btw), about Game day eating or mating habits or how to shut up the significant other posts, we might find plenty of whining about why the damn local TV will show Cardinals vs St. Lious instead of the America's team game.

5) Then after couple of losses, pretty much, 50% board will think season is naught and start the draft talk. By Late Season, if things aren't going well , most of the board will agree and draft watch will start.

6) Long wait and whining and countdown for Draft will beging, after the obligatory wait about FA period.

7) After the slew of posts about Draft day rituals, and draft, we get to Minicamps and discussion about who will be pro-bowler and how much other teams Drafts suck by the optimists and by the resident pessimists ( or like they would like to call themselves, realists), can find nothing great about team's draft.

8) And then we are back to point one. The Cycle begins. Man I love Football, players change, board members change, but cycle never changes :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
I was wondering when someone would talk about Signings. Its seems here is the sequence of events once minicamps are over with NFL:

1) Someone will whine about Cowboys players not being signed after first couple of players sign for other teams, as if Cowboys players going to be holdouts.

2) Then Finally TC comes and people are happy for couple days. But as soon as those days are over, then most can't wait for first pre-season game, and whining starts about that game not being shown etc. in their local TV etc.

3) After couple of pre-season games, whining will start about when the heck will pre-season be over and real season starts.

4) After the obligatory slew of posts about the rituals ( which I enjoy btw), about Game day eating or mating habits or how to shut up the significant other posts, we might find plenty of whining about why the damn local TV will show Cardinals vs St. Lious instead of the America's team game.

5) Then after couple of losses, pretty much, 50% board will think season is naught and start the draft talk. By Late Season, if things aren't going well , most of the board will agree and draft watch will start.

6) Long wait and whining and countdown for Draft will beging, after the obligatory wait about FA period.

7) After the slew of posts about Draft day rituals, and draft, we get to Minicamps and discussion about who will be pro-bowler and how much other teams Drafts suck by the optimists and by the resident pessimists ( or like they would like to call themselves, realists), can find nothing great about team's draft.

8) And then we are back to point one. The Cycle begins. Man I love Football, players change, board members change, but cycle never changes :D
I started the whining?

Damn, now I need some cheese.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I think we are all salivating waiting for camp to start. Time to get back to the top :pray2:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I started the whining?

No, not you Hos, I meant someone will eventually :D

But I guess Football withdrawls are making you cranky though :p:

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I started the whining?

46_cheese_wheel_P3280463.jpg

Here ya go Hos. :lmao: Man I can't wait for TC.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
No, not you Hos, I meant someone will eventually :D

But I guess Football withdrawls are making you cranky though :p:
Not cranky...abrasive.

:wink2: