$26,000,000 for 2 players

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Not that I dont want them....but you have to work long term with them. That might free up enogh to sign one starter in FA

perrykemp

Reaction score
44cowboys22;5019763 said:
Not that I dont want them....but you have to work long term with them. That might free up enogh to sign one starter in FA

Spencer has all the leverage right now. It's a terrible position for the Cowboys to negotiate from.

Really, the same from Romo -- he has all the leverage as well.

Woods

Reaction score
The key is to get a deal done with at least one of those guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Woods;5019798 said:
The key is to get a deal done with at least one of those guys.

Hopefully its both of them for the sake of our salary cap. I prefer it be Romo. I can settle for Spencer on a 1 year 10 million dollar deal.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
AbeBeta;5019793 said:
Looking around the NFL, those are not unreasonable salaries

While I agree, simply put a long term can reduce both numbers to more favorable cap figures though

Woods

Reaction score
rocyaice;5019800 said:
Hopefully its both of them for the sake of our salary cap. I prefer it be Romo. I can settle for Spencer on a 1 year 10 million dollar deal.

If we can at least get Romo done, we'll probably have around $8 to $10mm extra under the cap. That would be enough to get 2-3 mid-tier FAs.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
44cowboys22;5019801 said:
While I agree, simply put a long term can reduce both numbers to more favorable cap figures though

Sure -- and I think one of those will get done this week.

But one thing to keep in mind -- with all the complaining about "kicking the can" for contracts. Here we have two deals that are pay as you go ... does that seem favorable?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Woods;5019802 said:
If we can at least get Romo done, we'll probably have around $8 to $10mm extra under the cap. That would be enough to get 2-3 mid-tier FAs.

I didn't realize we would have that much to play with. How much would it be if we got both done?

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
AbeBeta;5019806 said:

But one thing to keep in mind -- with all the complaining about "kicking the can" for contracts. Here we have two deals that are pay as you go ... does that seem favorable?

Not with those figures or positions....Especially snce I dont believe paying our QB franchise $$$$ until this team proves to be a winner with him at the helm--good yes...NOT GREAT

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
AbeBeta;5019806 said:

Reducing each cap hit by 5m would help in FA and wouldn't kick too much extra money down the road. But that is incumbent on the idea of keeping them for 3-4 more years.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
44cowboys22;5019822 said:
Not with those figures or positions....Especially snce I dont believe paying our QB franchise $$$$ until this team proves to be a winner with him at the helm--good yes...NOT GREAT

So you hate Romo. Do we really need another thread about that?