26 years old and 400 catches in NFL = Priceless

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
As a TE! Witten will keep on rolling. That is one tough hombre and one darn good player. I would say he is also one of the top 3 leaders on the team and one of the few visibly vocal ones. Leads by example too.

Love this guy. 26. Man was that a good pick!

LarryCanadian

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2448736 said:
As a TE! Witten will keep on rolling. That is one tough hombre and one darn good player. I would say he is also one of the top 3 leaders on the team and one of the few visibly vocal ones. Leads by example too.

LarryCanadian

I don't think it'd be premature to do his Ring of Honor ceremony at some point this season. Definitely an all-timer for this franchise.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img360.*************/img360/1690/ch21thunov272008042754pci0.jpg

:bow:

JBond

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2448736 said:

LarryCanadian

I would love a team of them with with Tony throwing. Intensity, focus, determination. All around tough guy.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
You know I had to admit it today. Witten is the best TE in our team's history. I don't usually like to anoint guys till they have achieved the kinds of things Billy Joe Dupree, Doug Cosbie, and Jay Novacek did, but Witten is just unbelievable.

He keeps this going and he will definitely be considered one of the best TE in league history.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Outside of TO and Ware, I think Witten is the only other guy we have right now who will be in the HOF. Romo is a possibility, but he will need to win a couple of rings or put up serious numbers for at least 7-8 more years to hope for admittance.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I can't wait for the annual "this could be a breakout season for Witten" in next summer's season-preview magazines.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
And people laughed at me last year when I said I'd take Witten over Gates...:popcorn:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CowboyMike;2448864 said:
And people laughed at me last year when I said I'd take Witten over Gates...:popcorn:

Well, I'm sure you had a ton of company because a lot of people would take Witten over Gates.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
burmafrd;2448775 said:
Outside of TO and Ware, I think Witten is the only other guy we have right now who will be in the HOF. Romo is a possibility, but he will need to win a couple of rings or put up serious numbers for at least 7-8 more years to hope for admittance.
Zach Thomas is not a HOFer?

DeepBleu

Reaction score
CowboyMike;2448864 said:

i am still laughing. put gates in the cowboys offense, and see what kind of number he wold put up. witten is really really good, but gates and gonzo at their prime are better.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
RainMan;2448744 said:
I don't think it'd be premature to do his Ring of Honor ceremony at some point this season. Definitely an all-timer for this franchise.

If this guy stays healthy into his 30's he may go down as the greatest at his position. Especially at this rate. Before his rib problems the guy was leading the league in catches from the TE position and had a 14 yard per catch average. Right now he's just averaging over 12 yards which is ridiculously lights for a tight end and solid for a WR. This guy spreads the field.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yes, Jason Witten is a great player.

I wouldn't be suprised if he is the the most liked player on the team with regards to fans.

Personally, I think the Cowboys have at least 3 players that will be in the Hall of Fame one day.

Terrell Owens, Jason Witten and Tony Romo.

It is very premature for Witten and Romo, but if they continue to put up the type of numbers consistently, there is no doubt they will be in the Hall of Fame, even though I think the bar for Quarterbacks will be raised because it is a Offensive League now, due to the favorable offensive rules.

DeepBleu

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2448883 said:
Personally, I think the Cowboys have at least 3 players that will be in the Hall of Fame one day.

Terrell Owens, Jason Witten and Tony Romo.

what separated the three listed above from zach thomas and demarcus ware?

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
DeepBleu;2448873 said:
i am still laughing. put gates in the cowboys offense, and see what kind of number he wold put up. witten is really really good, but gates and gonzo at their prime are better.

You're only looking at the stats. Witten is the most complete tight end in the league. I'll take his blocking over both of them in their primes, and you can't say his stats aren't right there with the two of them. He's the complete package.

And I doubt I'll ever see Gates play with broken ribs, jaw, or rumble down a field thirty yards without a helmet.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
League records

* Receptions in a single season for a tight end (102, 2004 season)
* Career receiving yards for a tight end (10,075 as of October 6, 2008)
* Career receptions for a tight end (816 as of December 30, 2007)
* Career receiving touchdowns for a tight end (66 as of December 30, 2007)
* Most seasons with 1,000+ receiving yards by a tight end (3)

Witten is likely going to break all of those except maybe tds.