2nd largest line in Cowboys history

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dallas opened as 16 point favorite this week vs Miami and quickly moved to 21 points which is 2nd largest betting line in Cowboys history . It’s possible it could become the highest spread in Cowboys history before the end of the week.

The largest (-23) was week 3 in 1977 against Tampa who had opened their inaugural season 0-16 in 1976 and in the midst of a record losing streak.

https://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2013/10/14/biggest-point-spreads-nfl-history#3

Diehardblues

Reaction score

The Buccaneers, still winless as a franchise, scored a combined six points in their first two games. You didn't have to be a Vegas bookmaker to know their fortunes weren't likely to change in Week 3 at Texas Stadium against Tony Dorsett's Cowboys (the eventual Super Bowl champs). Dallas led 17-0 by the end of the first quarter, though Bucs' linebacker Richard Wood made things interesting in the second when he scooped up a Dorsett fumble and ran 37 yards for a touchdown, cutting the deficit to 10. But the Cowboys tacked on two short field goals and won, 23-7. "The only thing Tampa Bay has been able to beat is the spread“.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas opened as 16 point favorite this week vs Miami and quickly moved to 21 points which is 2nd largest betting line in Cowboys history . It’s possible it could become the highest spread in Cowboys history before the end of the week.

The largest (-23) was week 3 in 1977 against Tampa who had opened their inaugural season 0-16 in 1976 and in the midst of a record losing streak.

so we win 13-3 LMAO..it always happens :))

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Wow! Must have had tons of action at -16 to move it to -21(!) so quickly.

Cowboys nation clearly feels pretty good about itself right now (though the Dolphins are an obvious train wreck). Rightfully so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wow! Must have had tons of action at -16 to move it to -21(!) so quickly.

Cowboys nation clearly feels pretty good about itself right now (though the Dolphins are an obvious train wreck). Rightfully so.
Yes, big money went on the Cowboys moving it 5 points before I woke this morning.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In my 55 seasons as a Cowboy fan I’ve never guaranteed a win before. This is it.

I’m not locking to cover the spread although I’d of taken the -16 opening line.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now I'd give the 21. Hard to see then not covering that at home. Maybe by halftime.

Jipper

Reaction score
honestly...if you give me 21 points for any nfl game id probably take it....its the nfl, not college

ologan

Reaction score

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I do think it suits Dallas best to keep their foot on the gas and not play it safe by treating it like a preseason game.

quickccc

Reaction score
I dunno if we are turnover creating defensive juggernauts like Pats and Ravens are reputed to be, but being 16 to 20 points favorites is an indication that vegas thinks
that lowly of the Fins that they think they will lay down and die in Big D" ..combined with the way this Cowboys offense has being lighting up the score board with this 30 point average.

still the danger of a letdown and cruise control mode because of this kind of lousy opponent.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I watched several '08 Lions and '16 Browns games and even those squads weren't as bad as these Dolphins are. They made some games competitive, and if memory serves me, the '08 Lions lost quite a few close games.

The '19 Dolphins are a dumpster fire and have already been outscored by opponents 102-10. It is still very early in the season, but this is a historically terrible team. We should win and we will win easily.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vegas should go No Line on MIA since it is obvious they're tanking the season, they're an embarrassment to the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Vegas should go No Line on MIA since it is obvious they're tanking the season, they're an embarrassment to the NFL.
Lol

That’s basically what they’re doing. Obviously there was some big action initially with line moving from 16-21 but I doubt will be much action now.

Any line in NFL near 20 points is an embarrassment. And most smart money will stay away.

Brax

Reaction score

looks like another quality team on the schedule ........

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Right now I'd give the 21. Hard to see then not covering that at home. Maybe by halftime.
My only problem is. In the past when we're ahead we go into the Run shutdown game. Will they keep their foot on the gas. I don't know yet because I haven't had enough time with this new coordinator