2nd round has been a sweet spot at WR for Mike McCarthy

CCBoy

Reaction score
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Randall Cobb
Devonte Adams

Also, 4 out of the 12 drafts while he was coach in GB, the Packers took a WR. Not quit spamming, but thats still a solid rate

I so would take 1 of the top 3 WR's with our 1st pick, unless a top DT or DE was there.

Also, from here on out, I would take a DL and an OL with one of the top 4 picks in every draft.

...an interesting pick for round 2 would be CB A.J. Terrell- Clemson

DanA

Reaction score
I so would take 1 of the top 3 WR's with our 1st pick, unless a top DT or DE was there.

Also, from here on out, I would take a DL and an OL with one of the top 4 picks in every draft.

I would go a step further and make it O-line and D-line with a top 50 pick only.

You look at our history:
2019 Tristian Hill, Connor McGovern, Jalen Jelks, Joe Jackson
2018 Dorance Armstrong
2017 Joe Ivey, Jordan Carroll
2016 Charles Tapper, Maliek Collins
2015 Randy Gregory, Ryan Russell, Lawrence Gibson

Might as well throw those picks away. Collins was the 1 starter and IMO not a very good one.

Compare that to other positions
2019 Tony Pollard, Mike Jackson, Donavan Wilson, Mike Weber
2018 Michael Gallup, Dalton Schultz, Mike White, Chris Covington, Cedrick Wilson, Bo Scarbrough
2017 Chido Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis, Ryan Switzer, Xavier Woods, Maquize White, Noah Brown
2016 Dak Prescott, Anthony Brown, Kavon Fraizer, Darius Jackson, Rico Gathers
2015 Damien Wilson, Mark N'Zocha, Geoff Swaim

Batting about 50% on players that have a solid role and 25% finding starters. It might mean we miss out on the odd player like Zeke, Jaylon or LVE but if you took the next linemen we'd have Deforrest Buckner, Chris Jones and Frank Ragnow which isn't any weaker IMO, we might even be better off.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would go a step further and make it O-line and D-line with a top 50 pick only.

You look at our history:
2019 Tristian Hill, Connor McGovern, Jalen Jelks, Joe Jackson
2018 Dorance Armstrong
2017 Joe Ivey, Jordan Carroll
2016 Charles Tapper, Maliek Collins
2015 Randy Gregory, Ryan Russell, Lawrence Gibson

Might as well throw those picks away. Collins was the 1 starter and IMO not a very good one.

Compare that to other positions
2019 Tony Pollard, Mike Jackson, Donavan Wilson, Mike Weber
2018 Michael Gallup, Dalton Schultz, Mike White, Chris Covington, Cedrick Wilson, Bo Scarbrough
2017 Chido Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis, Ryan Switzer, Xavier Woods, Maquize White, Noah Brown
2016 Dak Prescott, Anthony Brown, Kavon Fraizer, Darius Jackson, Rico Gathers
2015 Damien Wilson, Mark N'Zocha, Geoff Swaim

Batting about 50% on players that have a solid role and 25% finding starters. It might mean we miss out on the odd player like Zeke, Jaylon or LVE but if you took the next linemen we'd have Deforrest Buckner, Chris Jones and Frank Ragnow which isn't any weaker IMO, we might even be better off.
Its why we wound up signing two DT's. When you miss in the draft, you pay in FA. Ya they werent expensive, but Trysten Hill not being terrible means not have to spend cap dollars on McCoy

Wasnt Wilson a starter at SAM one year here?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

There could be some really good DT talent in the 2nd. Although it looks like Blaylock is rising to the 1st

blindzebra

Reaction score
The player I want is Claypool...receiving TE size, WR athletic ability...he would be deadly out of the slot.