Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round Pick - OG Connor Williams, Texas (50th pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think they may have gone TE with the Witten news but Williams is a good pick. He has a good chance to start at guard but not a sure thing at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah didn't want one at 19......couldn't pass up that value at 50 though. Its not the "sexy" pick......but Cowboys this offseason have now done what they should've done last season. They are now at the point where if a guy gets hurt they have OPTIONS. And good ones too. Love the approach in the 2nd round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think they may have gone TE with the Witten news but Williams is a good pick. He has a good chance to start at guard but not a sure thing at all.
Yeah it was no need to go tight end. People are panicking over the Witten news.....you can get a solid one in the 3rd or 4th round if you wish and at that point you're probably asking yourself are they any better options than the ones we have now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LOVE the pick here. Can be your OT/OG swing player. See how he grows into one or other longer term.

Had Flatland Cavalry for walk out music with is a big thumps up from me.
Great value pick that imho had he went back to UT and out together a full healthy year might have been top 10.
Had too much banged up tape to go round 1.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I really didn't want an ol in the first two rounds, but he was an excellent value pick and fills a need. Now need to get a receiver Chalk or Washington.

I'm amused that the Eagles already had a TE and decided to trade up for the player the Cowboys may have wanted. Throwing coal on the fire.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
LG/RT Problem Solved...

Can a moderator please change this thread title to match mine from last night? Not to toot my own horn but I like the theme of solving our roster holes one by one. We're going to win the SB this coming year, with Romo on the mic, and this draft is a key step.

Status
Not open for further replies.