2nd round pick. since Jimmy Johnson left. BUST. BUST. BUST

202544°Donovan EzeiruakuDEBoston College
202456°Marshawn KneelandDEWestern Michigan
202358°Luke SchoonmakerTEMichigan
202256°Sam WilliamsDEMississippi
202144°Kelvin JosephCBKentucky
202051°Trevon DiggsCBAlabama
201958°Trysten HillDTCentral Florida
201850°Connor WilliamsGTexas
201760°Chidobe AwuzieCBColorado
201634°Jaylon SmithLBNotre Dame
201560°Randy GregoryDENebraska
201447°DeMarcus LawrenceDEBoise State
201331° (59°)Gavin EscobarTESan Diego State
201245°Mike JenkinsCBSouth Florida
201140°Bruce CarterLBNorth Carolina
201059°Sean LeeLBPenn State
2009—Nessuna scelta al 2° giro——
200861°Martellus BennettTETexas A&M
200753°James MartenOTBoston College
200653°Anthony FasanoTENotre Dame
200542°Kevin BurnettLBTennessee
200454°Jacob Rodgers (Newhouse)OTTexas Christian
200355°Al JohnsonCWisconsin
200237°Antonio BryantWRPittsburgh
200241°Andre GurodeC/GColorado
200154°Quincy CarterQBGeorgia
200049°Idi AminDT—
199938°Wayne Hamrick / Alonzo Spellman (etc.) — Mariano G.) / quant'altro——
199860°Ryan Lilja / Greg Ellis era 1° giro, etc.——
199756°Ebenezer Ekuban / etc.——
199654°Kavika PittmanDEUTEP
Mike Jenkins was a first rounder we had two that year.
 
202544°Donovan EzeiruakuDEBoston College
202456°Marshawn KneelandDEWestern Michigan
202358°Luke SchoonmakerTEMichigan
202256°Sam WilliamsDEMississippi
202144°Kelvin JosephCBKentucky
202051°Trevon DiggsCBAlabama
201958°Trysten HillDTCentral Florida
201850°Connor WilliamsGTexas
201760°Chidobe AwuzieCBColorado
201634°Jaylon SmithLBNotre Dame
201560°Randy GregoryDENebraska
201447°DeMarcus LawrenceDEBoise State
201331° (59°)Gavin EscobarTESan Diego State
201245°Mike JenkinsCBSouth Florida
201140°Bruce CarterLBNorth Carolina
201059°Sean LeeLBPenn State
2009—Nessuna scelta al 2° giro——
200861°Martellus BennettTETexas A&M
200753°James MartenOTBoston College
200653°Anthony FasanoTENotre Dame
200542°Kevin BurnettLBTennessee
200454°Jacob Rodgers (Newhouse)OTTexas Christian
200355°Al JohnsonCWisconsin
200237°Antonio BryantWRPittsburgh
200241°Andre GurodeC/GColorado
200154°Quincy CarterQBGeorgia
200049°Idi AminDT—
199938°Wayne Hamrick / Alonzo Spellman (etc.) — Mariano G.) / quant'altro——
199860°Ryan Lilja / Greg Ellis era 1° giro, etc.——
199756°Ebenezer Ekuban / etc.——
199654°Kavika PittmanDEUTEP
So Sean Lee and Demarcus Lawrence are good.
*Connor Williams with an honorable mention as decent.
The rest are scrubs to jags at best.
So 3 out of 31.
Not too shabby.
Bahahahaha.
BEYOND PATHETIC.

Funny how this list kinda highlights what I've been saying on how poor the drafting of defensive players has been in like, forever. Or at least 31 years that is.
New eyes needed to draft better defensive players STAT!
LOL:)

COWBOYS
 
Mike Jenkins was a first rounder we had two that year.
Look the list while some of it's true that we're they've had some second round bust that list is so inaccurate it doesn't have any leeway for the guys who actually were pretty good even Jalen Smith had a Pro Bowl year you can't put a guy on a bust list that made the Pro Bowl.. So many of those guys had some success whether it was here or elsewhere that does not make them a bust it makes them a disappointment at best But to have Sean Lee on there is criminal that makes the list completely illegitimate and they will not get likes except the haters who agree with them even though let's do all 32 teams second round picks over the same time. Then let's do the first the third four fifth 67 do we want to go through how many teams have problems all across the draft It's not an exact science and to keep pointing it out it's stupid so now what are we saying this 2nd round draft pick we're using on Joey Porter's another mistake or or can someone go fly a kite into a storm and please next to some power lines and stop posting here It wouldn't be the first time they got struck by lightning from the way I'm looking at it..
 
Quite embarrassing.
It's actually not...

Unless he does 31 other teams and all first through 7th rounds and then compare them to the Cowboys it is an absolute useless It's like eating air At best it's like eating lettuce How about a rice cake it has no data to support they were bust some of those dudes on the list went and played elsewhere Some of them made pro balls here but and some of them Maybe disappointments but they were not all busts

Seriously show me the rest of the data and show me all teams seven rounds in the same time. And we could talk about where they miss and hit in different rounds and it all evens out in the end and that is why they use some of their picks I mean the the Rams have almost given away every one of their 1st round picks either via a trade the pick or the player in the last decade I don't think they have any left..

It's not something that makes any sense to me to post this it's useless You have to have the rest of the data but the call Sean Lee and bust Jaylen Smith was in a Pro Bowl Those guys were disappointments The same with Trayvon Diggs and some of the other guys I mean are you calling Tank a bust the man played really well here went over and got him a ring elsewhere and he's a bust this list is so illegitimate I don't even know why I'm reading it but I it was so stupid I had now have to post to anyone that agrees with it and has no sense of why it's not accurate...next
 
Mike Jenkins was a first rounder we had two that year.
Yes there's a lot of problems with this list it's illegitimate it doesn't make sense if you wanna argue that the Cowboys have missed some draft picks along the way allowed some to get by are we going to talk about TJ again and now it's going to be Rodriguez I don't know how many years I'm going to have to hear this nonsense but other teams did the same thing they do the same thing I know teams picking in the top ten Do some really stupid things I mean it happens The draft is not an exact science I see teams like the 49ers gave up three first round picks for Trey Lance make that make sense that almost trump said entire list of missed 2nd rounders It does it really does 3 1st round picks for a guy everybody knew wasn't going to be a good pro...

No quarterbacks don't get to get a pass so I don't what's going on with this dude in his head and why he posted this but it's just so like useless it's useless data you need to do all 31 teams all seven rounds and then see how teams stack up and what they missed and what not or it is absolutely unnecessary to make this post.
 
It's actually not...

Unless he does 31 other teams and all first through 7th rounds and then compare them to the Cowboys it is an absolute useless It's like eating air At best it's like eating lettuce How about a rice cake it has no data to support they were bust some of those dudes on the list went and played elsewhere Some of them made pro balls here but and some of them Maybe disappointments but they were not all busts

Seriously show me the rest of the data and show me all teams seven rounds in the same time. And we could talk about where they miss and hit in different rounds and it all evens out in the end and that is why they use some of their picks I mean the the Rams have almost given away every one of their 1st round picks either via a trade the pick or the player in the last decade I don't think they have any left..

It's not something that makes any sense to me to post this it's useless You have to have the rest of the data but the call Sean Lee and bust Jaylen Smith was in a Pro Bowl Those guys were disappointments The same with Trayvon Diggs and some of the other guys I mean are you calling Tank a bust the man played really well here went over and got him a ring elsewhere and he's a bust this list is so illegitimate I don't even know why I'm reading it but I it was so stupid I had now have to post to anyone that agrees with it and has no sense of why it's not accurate...next
Just because someone made a pro bowl does not make them a hit
IF Shedeur Sanders can be a pro bowler after looking like crap, it means nothing
Since BP left starting in the 2007 Draft there have been arguably, in 20 drafts only the following HITS:
Martellus Bennett
Sean Lee
Demarcus Lawrence
3 out of 20
and of course bennett left since we still had Witten before during and after so it was a dumb pick
 
It's actually not...

Unless he does 31 other teams and all first through 7th rounds and then compare them to the Cowboys it is an absolute useless It's like eating air At best it's like eating lettuce How about a rice cake it has no data to support they were bust some of those dudes on the list went and played elsewhere Some of them made pro balls here but and some of them Maybe disappointments but they were not all busts

Seriously show me the rest of the data and show me all teams seven rounds in the same time. And we could talk about where they miss and hit in different rounds and it all evens out in the end and that is why they use some of their picks I mean the the Rams have almost given away every one of their 1st round picks either via a trade the pick or the player in the last decade I don't think they have any left..

It's not something that makes any sense to me to post this it's useless You have to have the rest of the data but the call Sean Lee and bust Jaylen Smith was in a Pro Bowl Those guys were disappointments The same with Trayvon Diggs and some of the other guys I mean are you calling Tank a bust the man played really well here went over and got him a ring elsewhere and he's a bust this list is so illegitimate I don't even know why I'm reading it but I it was so stupid I had now have to post to anyone that agrees with it and has no sense of why it's not accurate...next
How on earth is it useless to discuss how an essential draft pick failure over the years, has severly hampered this team? This is a Cowboys message board, and for somebody who whines about the discussion of other teams in here, you now want a comparison? Dude, you can't have your cake and eat it too. 54 was a huge reach for us, and we spent a 2nd round pick on a massive risk, based upon the possibility of his foot not falling off at some point in his career. There is a history of this, so to shrug this off as a stupid thread is very inegenuine
 
the league average for successful 2nd rd picks is 33%
we are at since 1994 which is 32 drafts we have seven hits and 25 misses
 
Eze is a bust?
Yep.
Hopefully his ceiling is Dorance Armstrong by year 3.
And even that is a huge reach.
And they didn't even re-sign Armstrong either.
So there's that.
AND the fact that Armstrong was a 4th so they actually got good return on investment with him.
 
There are a lot of good players on that list. Lots of players who aren't busts at ALL.
Lol. What?

There’s honestly only about 4 players on that list who were worthy of a second round selection. Trevon Diggs, Sean Lee, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Andre Gurode.

4 players in 30 years is not “a lot of good players”.

:laugh:
 
Just because someone made a pro bowl does not make them a hit
IF Shedeur Sanders can be a pro bowler after looking like crap, it means nothing
Since BP left starting in the 2007 Draft there have been arguably, in 20 drafts only the following HITS:
Martellus Bennett
Sean Lee
Demarcus Lawrence
3 out of 20
and of course bennett left since we still had Witten before during and after so it was a dumb pick
Absolutely no comprehension of what I said I said it makes them not a bust It is not a bust the word bust should not be used i'm sorry I'm not arguing with you by the way I have you on ignore and semi allowed you to come on my screen you're now disallowed you don't understand what I meant Now there's more than four making the Pro Bowl and making the playoffs as a starting quarterback just it's the opposite of a bust Are there a lot of disappointments yes That's not what we're talking about the word bust means they never did anything in the NFL at all..

So why don't you go away because I'm not talking to people who speak like casual fans I am not a casual I understand the difference between a bust but I also know the other way Baker Mayfield was not a number one draft pick he has not even yet to this day played like a number one draft pick so he was picked number one overall it means he's a bust right he didn't live up to the number one billy picking number one overall are you calling Jadeavian Clowney a complete bust in this league He was taking first overall He did not live up to that that is not a bust That guy Chase Young that was taken top five by the Washington team you know he's a good player right he just isn't a top five player so is he a bust I mean he's still playing he's contributing in the NFL that makes you not a bust It makes you disappointing but you don't understand the difference but I do..
 
202544°Donovan EzeiruakuDEBoston College
202456°Marshawn KneelandDEWestern Michigan
202358°Luke SchoonmakerTEMichigan
202256°Sam WilliamsDEMississippi
202144°Kelvin JosephCBKentucky
202051°Trevon DiggsCBAlabama
201958°Trysten HillDTCentral Florida
201850°Connor WilliamsGTexas
201760°Chidobe AwuzieCBColorado
201634°Jaylon SmithLBNotre Dame
201560°Randy GregoryDENebraska
201447°DeMarcus LawrenceDEBoise State
201331° (59°)Gavin EscobarTESan Diego State
201245°Mike JenkinsCBSouth Florida
201140°Bruce CarterLBNorth Carolina
201059°Sean LeeLBPenn State
2009—Nessuna scelta al 2° giro——
200861°Martellus BennettTETexas A&M
200753°James MartenOTBoston College
200653°Anthony FasanoTENotre Dame
200542°Kevin BurnettLBTennessee
200454°Jacob Rodgers (Newhouse)OTTexas Christian
200355°Al JohnsonCWisconsin
200237°Antonio BryantWRPittsburgh
200241°Andre GurodeC/GColorado
200154°Quincy CarterQBGeorgia
200049°Idi AminDT—
199938°Wayne Hamrick / Alonzo Spellman (etc.) — Mariano G.) / quant'altro——
199860°Ryan Lilja / Greg Ellis era 1° giro, etc.——
199756°Ebenezer Ekuban / etc.——
199654°Kavika PittmanDEUTEP
Not all of these players were busts
 
Lol. What?

There’s honestly only about 4 players on that list who were worthy of a second round selection. Trevon Diggs, Sean Lee, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Andre Gurode.

4 players in 30 years is not “a lot of good players”.

:laugh:
I commented similarly.
I actually have a hard time believing he's serious.
 
Absolutely no comprehension of what I said I said it makes them not a bust It is not a bust the word bust should not be used i'm sorry I'm not arguing with you by the way I have you on ignore and semi allowed you to come on my screen you're now disallowed you don't understand what I meant Now there's more than four making the Pro Bowl and making the playoffs as a starting quarterback just it's the opposite of a bust Are there a lot of disappointments yes That's not what we're talking about the word bust means they never did anything in the NFL at all..

So why don't you go away because I'm not talking to people who speak like casual fans I am not a casual I understand the difference between a bust but I also know the other way Baker Mayfield was not a number one draft pick he has not even yet to this day played like a number one draft pick so he was picked number one overall it means he's a bust right he didn't live up to the number one billy picking number one overall are you calling Jadeavian Clowney a complete bust in this league He was taking first overall He did not live up to that that is not a bust That guy Chase Young that was taken top five by the Washington team you know he's a good player right he just isn't a top five player so is he a bust I mean he's still playing he's contributing in the NFL that makes you not a bust It makes you disappointing but you don't understand the difference but I do..
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
 
I'm not a paid scout either but a few here need to think about what a proper evaluation of a second round pick should produce in the form of return on investment.

This ain't hard.
I "might" can add Bennett to above jag level for being decent for a couple years after he left Dallas, but for the Cowboys he was a jag.
 
Last edited:
best on the list in my opinion:
offense:andre gurode,c
defense:demarcus lawrence,de
sean lee,lb
 
Absolutely no comprehension of what I said I said it makes them not a bust It is not a bust the word bust should not be used i'm sorry I'm not arguing with you by the way I have you on ignore and semi allowed you to come on my screen you're now disallowed you don't understand what I meant Now there's more than four making the Pro Bowl and making the playoffs as a starting quarterback just it's the opposite of a bust Are there a lot of disappointments yes That's not what we're talking about the word bust means they never did anything in the NFL at all..

So why don't you go away because I'm not talking to people who speak like casual fans I am not a casual I understand the difference between a bust but I also know the other way Baker Mayfield was not a number one draft pick he has not even yet to this day played like a number one draft pick so he was picked number one overall it means he's a bust right he didn't live up to the number one billy picking number one overall are you calling Jadeavian Clowney a complete bust in this league He was taking first overall He did not live up to that that is not a bust That guy Chase Young that was taken top five by the Washington team you know he's a good player right he just isn't a top five player so is he a bust I mean he's still playing he's contributing in the NFL that makes you not a bust It makes you disappointing but you don't understand the difference but I do..
no you have no comprehension of REALITY.
why don't YOU go away and stop boring people with novels only fools read?
We have not drafted well in the 2nd round; not even up to league average and apparently YOUR standards are not even that
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,012
Messages
14,656,946
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top