2nd Round Safeties

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So far we have scheduled official visits with Abram, Rapp, and Thornhill. 2 traditional SS's and a FS. Big problem with this group is all three could be gone by our pick. To me Rapp would have the best chance at making it to 58.

It will be interesting to see what other Safeties we bring in.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Don’t we have Savage scheduled too?

What I’m struggling to understand is what the team’s evaluation of Xavier Woods is? Do they see him as a FS or SS moving forward?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

What I’m struggling to understand is what the team’s evaluation of Xavier Woods is? Do they see him as a FS or SS moving forward?
I think we have shown interest but I dont think he has been scheduled yet. There are still alot of schedules that have leaked.

Good question on my. My guess would be FS. We have seemed to slant a little more in the ways of box Safeties this offseason. However, Woods may also be a guy they are looking to upgrade from as well

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The way they used him in both 2017 and 2018 would suggest that they don't want him playing in the box.

Also S.Jones said they like Woods deep but need help at the Down Safety position.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think Thornhill will be gone, but if he's there you take him and Woods just moves down. Elite ball skills is something this defense needs. Abram n Rapp not forcing many turnovers, projection-wise.