3 1000 yard receivers. still in play

RonnieT24

Reaction score
All three guys are on pace for at least 1100 yards. It looks as though Gallup will get there with about 2/3 as many catches as the other two because he is averaging 20.5 yards per catch. Cooper has obviously been gimped up and is only averaging 10.9 yards per catch. Lamb by virtue of working the soft spots in the middle of the zone is not as likely to generate as many big plays as Gallup but he may end up with the most catches unless defenses start to focus on him. But we all know how hard it is to match up with a talented receiver in the slot. As long as Gallup and Cooper keep doing what they're doing Lamb is going to keep drawing third corners, safeties and linebackers which frankly is comical at times. The thing I worry about is his 185 pound frame getting banged around the way he has. Can't wait for this kid to fill out though.. He's gonna be a problem when he puts on 15-20 pounds of muscle. Cooper is the best all around receiver, Gallup is the best contested ball catcher and Lamb .. well he's still developing but his ceiling may be the highest of all. Both he and Gallup are going to benefit tremendously from watching Amari Cooper in practice and games..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Like I, and others, said before the season: if the Cowboys are throwing that much it's probably not a good thing.

All of those yards and barely a couple of last-second field goals away from 0-5.

DFWJC

Reaction score
All three guys are on pace for at least 1100 yards. It looks as though Gallup will get there with about 2/3 as many catches as the other two because he is averaging 20.5 yards per catch. Cooper has obviously been gimped up and is only averaging 10.9 yards per catch. Lamb by virtue of working the soft spots in the middle of the zone is not as likely to generate as many big plays as Gallup but he may end up with the most catches unless defenses start to focus on him. But we all know how hard it is to match up with a talented receiver in the slot. As long as Gallup and Cooper keep doing what they're doing Lamb is going to keep drawing third corners, safeties and linebackers which frankly is comical at times. The thing I worry about is his 185 pound frame getting banged around the way he has. Can't wait for this kid to fill out though.. He's gonna be a problem when he puts on 15-20 pounds of muscle. Cooper is the best all around receiver, Gallup is the best contested ball catcher and Lamb .. well he's still developing but his ceiling may be the highest of all. Both he and Gallup are going to benefit tremendously from watching Amari Cooper in practice and games..
It is!

The only thing is, we don't get to play the three worst passes defenses in the league again.

The pass defenses are far better, on average, going forward.

As long as we win more than we lose, I'm good.