Northwestern DT Jon Gill - 6'3" 300

7 TFL, 4 sacks, K/P block

'07: 8.5 TFL, 4 sacks

San Jose State DT Jarron Gilbert - 6'6" 280

15.5 TFL, 7 sacks, FF

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Put me down for Vance Walker in round 2 or 3.
He knows how to get to the Q.B. as a D.T., so he should be able to do it at D.E., and he's very good agianst the run also, we need D.E.'s or ANY D-lineman who can rush thepasser, cause when Ware doesn't rush, if Ratliff doens't get to the Q.B., he has all day, although Canty is getting a lot better at rushin the passer this year, we need more.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
another one:

Memphis DT Clinton McDonald 6'3" 285 - 31 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 7 sacks

'07: 55 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 4 sacks

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
What if we merely ignored convention on the DL.

Instead of getting one massive NT.....how about we get 3 massive NTs and play them as our front 3. I am talking about 3 guys avging 6'4 and 340+ lbs. It sure would clog up the middle and allow our LBs do be a bit more effective.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2408464 said:

Instead of getting one massive NT.....how about we get 3 massive NTs and play them as our front 3. I am talking about 3 guys avging 6'4 and 340+ lbs. It sure would clog up the middle and allow our LBs do be a bit more effective.

I think we need a complete overhaul on the line

I only want to see Ratliff starting next year, I keep Spears, but as a backup

idk about the 3, 340+ guys on the line, they'll get gassed

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2408468 said:
I think we need a complete overhaul on the line

I only want to see Ratliff starting next year, I keep Spears, but as a backup

idk about the 3, 340+ guys on the line, they'll get gassed

Then you get 6 of them...rotate those big fatties in troughout the game:laugh2:

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2408464 said:

Cause you need a pass rush, and guys that big aren't usually good pass rushers, the Q.B. would be able to sit back for 3 hous back there.

I want 2 big N.T.'s, one to replace Ratliff, one to replace Tank, move Ratliff to Spears place at L.D.E. and then resign Canty, have Hatcher backing up Canty and then draft an athletic D.T. to switch to D.E. to backup Ratliff like a Vance Walker who can ru the passer and be big enough to handle the run also.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2408475 said:
Cause you need a pass rush, and guys that big aren't usually good pass rushers, the Q.B. would be able to sit back for 3 hous back there.

I want 2 big N.T.'s, one to replace Ratliff, one to replace Tank, move Ratliff to Spears place at L.D.E. and then resign Canty, have Hatcher backing up Canty and then draft an athletic D.T. to switch to D.E. to backup Ratliff like a Vance Walker who can ru the passer and be big enough to handle the run also.

are you a weightist....do you have problems with fat people. Did a fatkid steal your pudding and now you are anti fat people? I say 6 fat people can do some serious damage out there on the field....

next you will be voting to close down buffets....you anti-fatty you:laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
my Dline next year

Ratliff/John Gill - Myron Pryor or BJ Rajii/Spears - Jarron Gilbert

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I say we go to Japan and get 6, young and mean Sumo Wrestlers. With the uncapped year, we can afford them. Sumo Wrestlers are all about leverage at the point of attack. I think we could start a new trend.:laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2408488 said:
I say we go to Japan and get 6, young and mean Sumo Wrestlers. With the uncapped year, we can afford them. Sumo Wrestlers are all about leverage at the point of attack. I think we could start a new trend.:laugh2:
not bad, but if you want huge guys who can move, go to Hawaii and recruit some Somoan gang-members, they're huge, mean and are light on their feet ;)

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2408477 said:
are you a weightist....do you have problems with fat people. Did a fatkid steal your pudding and now you are anti fat people? I say 6 fat people can do some serious damage out there on the field....

next you will be voting to close down buffets....you anti-fatty you:laugh2:

W T F ???
I said I WANT the gbig N.T.'s who weigh 340+

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2408490 said:
not bad, but if you want huge guys who can move, go to Hawaii and recruit some Somoan gang-members, they're huge, mean and are light on their feet ;)

yeah but they are addicted to ice....and we know roger wont have any of that, unless named Matt Jones

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Doing some thought, you'd need studs. but how's this for a D-line for a 3-4 defense???
3 guys who are BIG but can MOVE also.

R.D.E. Kris Jenkins 6'-4 350
N.T. Jamal Williams 6'-3 350
L.D.E. Shaun Rogers 6'-4 350

Then just get me some FAST L.B.'s behind that line.
I want ONE STUD N.T who's a big run stuffeguys like Ratliff, Richard Seymour, or even someone like La'Roi Glover to play D.E. to get some pass rush from our D.E. position.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2408504 said:
Doing some thought, you'd need studs. but how's this for a D-line for a 3-4 defense???
3 guys who are BIG but can MOVE also.

R.D.E. Kris Jenkins 6'-4 350
N.T. Jamal Williams 6'-3 350
L.D.E. Shaun Rogers 6'-4 350

Then just get me some FAST L.B.'s behind that line.
I want ONE STUD N.T who's a big run stuffeguys like Ratliff, Richard Seymour, or even someone like La'Roi Glover to play D.E. to get some pass rush from our D.E. position.

Thats the spirit......3 giant mammoths...and then you get Ware, Spencer, James, and some tackling machine. Have their backups be 4 slightly smaller, but super fast LBs.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2408481 said:
my Dline next year

Ratliff/John Gill - Myron Pryor or BJ Rajii/Spears - Jarron Gilbert

My D-line

L.D.E. Jay Ratliff/Vance Johnson
N.T. B.J. Raji/another BIG N.T 330+ pounds
R.D.E. Chris Canty/Jason Hatcher

We must keep Canty, contrary to what many think, he's having a good season and is a must sign IMO.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2408506 said:
Thats the spirit......3 giant mammoths...and then you get Ware, Spencer, James, and some tackling machine. Have their backups be 4 slightly smaller, but super fast LBs.

Yeah but these guys are rare, big guys who can actually PLAY, I want athletic D.T.'s and make them D.E.'s' like La'Roi Glover types (Richard Seymour/even Ratliff)who can play the run and hold up but get a GREAT Pass rush even against double teams, so that if we drop Ware into coverage, we can actually get SOME pass rush unlike what we got now.